Chapter 1

The nightmares continued to haunt me, whether in my sleep or when I am awake. I lay in my bed panting after my nightmare. I continued to lay there waiting for the alarm clock scream at me telling me to start my day.
Beep! Beep! Beep!
I stopped the God awful noise with my fist slamming down on it, contemplating a moment if I really needed to go to school. With a sigh I knew I needed to get up before my dad woke up and got mad. I threw my thin blanket over my legs and stumbled off of my equally thin mattress. I grabbed my clothes and made my way as quietly as possible to the hallway bathroom. I took a warm shower trying to work out my sore muscles from my beating my dad gave me last night. Thinking back to last night I cringed into the shower wall.
"Why can't you make a proper meal!"  Slap!
"Why can't you do anything right!" He yelled as he slammed me down and kicked me in the stomach then winded back and kicked me in the ribs. I heard the crack as my ribs broke. I remember the look of pure disgust he gave me, as I was curled up on the floor. I tried to hold in my screams and tears because when I cry out it's always ten times worse. I stayed cowering on the ground in a submissive position until he got tired of beating me and left. As per usual he left my face alone in order to keep suspicion at bay. When he finally left the room I pulled my self up and pushed my long matted hair out of my eyes so I could see the stairs in front of me, and I climbed up them as well as I could. I then lowered myself onto the mattress trying not to hurt my injured body.

        I tried to work my raspberry vanilla scented shampoo through my tangled hair taking a few minutes to get all the way through. The pain in my body makes every movement I make feel like I am re-breaking my ribs. Causing me to cautiously wash my body with my matching raspberry vanilla scented body wash. While I take in the smell it takes my mind away from the pain for a moment I am absolutely in love with the smell. I bought it with the money I get from working as a server at the local family owned restaurant Barley. Thinking about the money I spent reminds me I'll need to call in today, I thought dejectedly. I really needed that money, as I'm the one who pays the bills and buys grocery. My father works but he spends every penny he gets at the local bar in town, he is there best costumer. I finally get out of the shower and pull on my clothes I bought last week when my father beat me so much that he made me bleed on most of my other clothes. The jeans where cheap but comfortable there bagginess doing well to hide my bruises and my body, the scars are something I don't like to broadcast to everyone at school. Same for my shirts I try to wear only baggy long sleeved shirts so that I can hide the bruises easier. The bruises, thankfully, always go away quickly. I thought as I stared at the bruising all along my arms as I pulled my T-shirt over my head wincing as it brushed against my cuts. I made my way to my room trying to be quiet again to avoid another meeting with my father. I then pulled on my converse and grabbed my backpack and went down stairs to make my father some breakfast so he won't get mad when he wakes up.  I put it into the microwave so it won't get cold, and open the front door to begin my walk to school.