Chapter 32: The End?...Yup It's Over :'(

15 YEARS LATER

'Angel' by Aerosmith was my soundtrack as I cooked breakfast. An oldie but a goodie none the less:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBTOGVb_cQg.

I smiled and added some O+ to my pancakes, two flavors I've adored together since I first turned. Annoyingly, my good mood and favorite song quickly dimmed as my darling daughter stomped into the kitchen, silenced the stereo, took a seat at the counter, and glared at the fruit bowl. "What's wrong with you?" I raised a brow and placed her breakfast in front of her.

"I think you know what" she frowned.

"Of course, I do, but that doesn't explain the attitude" she sighed as I spoke. "What did your father do this time?"

"He won't let me visit Andrea" she mumbled into her food.

"Why?" I frowned.

"He said Lucas is being too friendly" I laughed slightly. "It's Not Funny!" she complained. "It's not fair that I can't see Andrea because her cousin's a creep!"

"A creep?" I smiled.

"Yeah! He's always following us, making jokes, overall being the most annoying thing to come out of the Bayou!" she ranted.

"How old is he again?" I questioned.

"Sixteen" she finally started with her meal.

"A year older than you, and he can't leave you alone?" she nodded. "I'll talk to your Father, when your finished grab what you need, I'll take you to Andrea's myself" I promised.

"Thanks, mom!" she grinned before I whooshed to Nik's office, his favorite place--his sanctuary since we moved across from the compound.

"Don't even start" were his first words as I entered.

"What? Force you to stop being an idiot? Trying to make you focus on something that you didn't paint?" I crossed my arms over my chest, he sighed before setting down his paintbrush and turning to me.

"She's not going" was his reply.

"Yes, she is" I disagreed.

"And what makes you think that?" he took a step closer.

"The fact your daughter and I can do whatever we please. We're going, whether you like it or not is none of my concern" I stated.

"Did she share with you the information about the feeble mutt trying to gain her affection?" oh god, his hands are cupped behind his back, this is about to get serious(!)

"No. She told me about Andrea's cousin, how he's annoying and seems to make her miserable" I explained slowly.

"All the more reason to kill him" was the immediate response, I rolled my eyes.

"Nik, he's a sixteen-year-old boy!" I laughed. "He poses no threat."

"I don't see him as a threat!" he glared.

"Then allow her to go!" I reasoned. "She is 15 Nik...In 15 years we have raised her to not be the idiot you are perceiving her to be this second. If you weren't so paranoid then you'd understand her 0% interest in boys, how all she desires right now is to have fun and explore New Orleans with her best friend" I explained.

"Keeping her inside is the only way to keep her safe with all the dangers around here, you know I'm right!" he whooshed in front of me.

"You trapping her in your rules will only make her your enemy Nik and you know it!" he gripped my neck and raised me slightly above the ground when I finished speaking.