CHAPTER 3: A NIGHT AT SUMMER FESTIVAL PART I

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN KHR... I ONLY OWN THE PLOT

ENJOY ^^

/

"Oi, old man, why did you follow me around?" exclaimed Gokudera, looking back at G who walked on the same path as him.

"Who said I follow you, brat? And what did you call me? Old man?" asked G while glaring at Gokudera.

"Yeah, old man. Or would you prefer if I called you, strawberry head?" said Gokudera. He still hold grudge for G during the event where G disguised as him during inheritance of Vongola's true power. This man made him look pathetic in front of his beloved Judaime. G noticed the unsatisfied glare directed to him

"What? Do you want to fight? Fine, by me," said G, prepared to unleash his weapon. It is the same as Gokudera. But, it was stopped when a hand circled around Gokudera's neck.

"Ne, Hayato, let's try not to create havoc here, okay? Tsuna will not be pleased if that happened," said Yamamoto, forced out a smile.

"Fine if it's for Judaime," said Gokudera, removed Yamamoto's hand before grabbed his collar and glared at Yamamoto.

"Don't call me by my first name. Only Judaime had that privilege," said Gokudera.

"Hahaha, I got it,"

/

Gokudera and G would silently grumbled in frustration when people would look at them with weird look.

"Wahh, I want those, Kaa-san. I want it," a boy cried out while pulled on his mother's yukata in order to get him some toys offered in the shooting game.

"But, you already do it," said the mother, tried to coax her son, afraid if he causing disturbance to others because of his tantrums.

"No, I want it, I want it," bawled the child, throwing his tantrums. Seeing some passer-by had annoyed look on their face, Gokudera approached the child. He squatted down and facing the crying child.

"Hey, why don't I get it for you?" said Gokudera with a smile.

"Really?" asked the child for confirmation.

"Of course, since I need to beat that guy on something that he thought he's good at," said Gokudera, with smugly glanced at G.

"One game for me," said Gokudera. A middle-aged man handed Gokudera a plastic rifle with five corks. G stood no afar from behind him, to see the silverette potential. Gokudera started with his first try, but the toy didn't budge even though the impact could easily tip it over. Seeing that, G scoffed in amusement.

"Are you sure you worth becoming Decimo's right hand man? Couldn't even win a child game," mocked G. Gokudera grumbled before proceed until the fourth shoot.

'Please don't fail me this time,' thought Gokudera, ready for his last shoot. But, he failed once again. He tried to hold in his anger when he heard a mocking laugh coming from G. He turned around before shoved the rifle to G.

"Why don't you try it then?" challenged Gokudera. G chuckled and took the rifle.

"Move aside, kid. I'll show you what gun master could do," said G, pushing Gokudera to step aside.

"Yeah, right," said Gokudera sarcastically. G shoots his first cork bullet but once again the toy didn't budged.

"Heh, even gun master failed on his first try, huh?" Gokudera scoffed when he saw the man's failure but G's pride wouldn't allow that.

"Then, why don't we have a challenge? You vs. me. Who got that toy first, he is the winner," said G. Gokudera accepted and their challenge begins. They go through numerous amount of round until the boy who anticipated for the toy, grew tired and decided to go home with his mother.

Both of the men huffed in exhaustion before both of them shoot at the same time, successfully knocked the toy over. Both of them roared in happiness about their success. Both something on the rack caught their eyes. There were a wood plastered there. Quickly, both of them jumped over the counter and go to inspect the rack of toys and they saw every toys displayed there had a wood planted on their back. They both know the owner of the stall was cheating.

"Oh, crap," said the old man, sensing the danger that he'll faced. He tried to flee but someone grabbed his yukata from the back.

"Oi, old man. Could you please kindly explain to us what this is?" said Gokudera pointing at the rock. The man paled in fright.

"You tried to play trick,huh? You know Judaime prohibited from any vendors commit fraud, right?" glared Gokudera, angered knowing someone betrayed his Judaime's order.

"Please forgive me," said the man.

"This will not pass by a simple apology," said G, smiled evilly at the man. Gokudera exchanged look with G and before they look at the old man with mischievous eyes.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

/

"No, don't! Don't take it!" cried the man, while watching all of his toys being distributed freely to the children.

"What?! This is your punishment so that you will never do it again," said Gokudera before handed a stuffed teddy bear to a girl.

"Thank you, mister," laughed the girl in happiness before ran to her parent. Then, someone appeared at the girl's place earlier. Unconsciously, he handed a pink bunny flush toy. When he saw that person's face, he yelped in surprise.

"Judaime!!"

"What are you doing, Hayato-kun?" asked Tsuna in question. He tried to look behind Gokudera and saw a man was literally crying. The man who noticed Tsuna looked at him, extended out his hand as if asking for help.

"Judaime, please h-,"before he could utter the next word, G put his hand on the man's mouth, stifle him from speaking. Then, he laughed nervously.

"Oh, the truth is this man over here asked for our help to distribute the toy. He told us he wants to do charity tonight," laughed Gokudera, tried to divert the brunette's attention elsewhere. Tsuna, who still retaining his innocence and naivety, fall into the trick.

"Oh, it's good then. Thank you, mister, for your kindness. If you would excuse me, I need to go somewhere where this man wants to go," said Tsuna, pointing at Giotto who drooling when he caught sight of choco banana, apple candy and cotton candy which a little girl buy from the vendors. But, before he could go, he heard G called out for him.

"Tsunayoshi, try to control his sweet tooth. It will be a lot of trouble if his sweet craving getting out of hand," said G. Tsuna nodded before approached Giotto.

/

"So, where do you want to go next, Giotto-san?" said Tsuna, handing a choco banana to the blonde guy.

"Hmm, let me think. I think about child theatre, a fight match, and firework," said Giotto, counting with his finger while nibbling the banana.

"Alright, we'll do them all tonight," said Tsuna with a smile. Giotto's face brightened up.

"Tsuna, you're the best!" said Giotto, enveloped Tsuna in a hug.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say," whispered Tsuna, tried to pry off from Giotto's hug.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N: THIS SUMMER FESTIVAL ARC WHILE ONLY INVOLVED GOKUDERA, YAMAMOTO, LAMBO AND RYOHEI AND THEIR FIRST GEN COUNTERPART... HIBARI AND MUKURO WILL HAVE THEIR OWN MOMENT WITH THEIR COUNTERPART IN DIFFERENT ARC...