"Yeah. He is. Bolin is an earthbender. Their mother was a firebender and their father was an earthbender." She paused. "No- wait, was it the other way around?" She grinned again. "Either way, they were the Fire Ferret bending brothers, remember?"

"I wasn't here then, Asami." You looked dejectedly at your hands which were clasped in your lap. You didn't want to be rude or insensitive. Asami had lost her father due to what happened then, when you were in Omashu, Ba Sing Se, and other Earth Kingdom cities perfecting your bending. She was busy losing what was left of her family due to bending. You never wanted to hurt Asami Sato. She was so kind, and so brave.

"Don't be like that, [Y/N]. I've made my peace with everything. It's not like it's your fault what happened. You'll always be my friend." She smiled again, and ran a hand through her hair. You heard a chiming that signaled someone was at the door. "Oh! That must be them!" She excitedly got up and paced over to the door, leaving you on the sofa.

"Them? Asami!" You called. You got up and followed her, but chose not to go all the way up to the door. You stood behind a stone pillar near the reflecting pools and fountains near the entryway as you saw three people come in, one of them almost knocking Asami down as her medium dark brown hair briefly tangled into Asami's long, Raven locks.

"Ugh. Again?" A stoic, masculine voice groaned.

"Oh, lighten up, bro. At least some of us are in love."

A feminine laughter echoed against the alabaster walls. "Bolin, I'm sorry about your breakup, but there's always more fish in the sea."

"What a Water Tribe thing to say." The younger man retorted before sighing exasperatedly.

"I want you all to meet someone." Asami changed the subject away from Bolin's angst.

"Oh?" Korra broke in. "Who?"

"You know her, Korra. It's [Y/N]." Asami replied with a smile. Korra blushed.

"[Y/N] is here? Where? Has she finally finished her training? I want to ask her about Omashu. I heard they built a slide like the one Aang rode-" Korra sped out of the foyer into the salon as the other three people followed in slower suit.

"That was a mail shoot, wasn't it?" Mako asked, evidently a bit more interested than he wanted to let on.

"[Y/N]! Korra yelled as she found you after running into the den and almost knocking over a statue of Fire Lady Mai, a known advocate for the rights of non-benders in the Fire Nation, where part of Asami's family came from. Korra had previously almost broken one of a Kyoshi Warrior, a woman named Suki, who had championed the same ideas in the Earth Kingdom, where your family had met hers, all those years ago. "I can't believe you're back! What a wonderful surprise!" She hugged against your will, as tight as ever, so much that you could scarcely breathe right. She put you down after a few seconds. "How have you been?"

You caught your breath and smiled. Korra was always fun. You liked having her around. "Well. Pretty well. I finished my earthbending training a little early, though."

"Really? Why?" Korra looked at you and she noticed your expression fall. She decided not to press further.

"So Korra and I thought it'd be fun to take [Y/N] to a probending match. She's never really been as into it as I have, but I thought she'd enjoy it, given the fact that she's a strong earthbender herself. It may show her what it can do in action: bending I mean." She smiled as Mako and Bolin finally stood in the same vicinity as you.

"Did you say you were an earthbender?"

"Huh?" You replied to the question that was asked to you. The boy, well, the man really, who had asked you was shorter than his brother, though not by much. You could see the relation between them, though the taller one was much more of the 'tall dark and handsome' type. You thought the shorter one seemed kinder somehow, perhaps even funny, based on initial impressions alone, but for some reason that wasn't right either. He certainly wasn't acting funny, jovial or nicer than his brother.