025. full chapter

Mulai dari awal

"Are you ready?" She asked.

Jeongguk nodded excitedly. Even though the sled was large, it wasn't roomy enough to give Jungkook's legs space. Jeongguk straddled Lexie with his legs, while she clasped the ropes of the sled tightly in her gloved hands. She turned to look at Jeongguk with dainty, red cheeks.

"Okay, push us off!" She yelled, turning to face the vast clearing below.

Jeongguk turned around and placed his hand on the snow, making a deep handprint in it. He pushed off the ground, causing the sled to budge, and then to slowly tip off the edge of the hill. The wind whipped his cheeks and stung his eyes, causing them to water profusely.

It whistled in his ears and sent his hat flying off his head behind him. Although in "tears" he was laughing through them, holding on to Lexie tightly. She gripped the rope of the sled and moved them dutifully as if she was a captain of a ship. She yelled gleefully, tears forming in her eyes too.

His heart had risen into his chest, and he had the faint idea that perhaps he was flying. With each jerk or turn, his heart would jolt with it. He forced his eyes open to see this moment, but all he saw was paper-like whiteness blanketing the ground and Lexie's hair flying in all sorts of odd directions.

Once they reached the bottom, the sled came to a gradual, gentle stop. They finally stopped. Jeongguk released a breath he didn't realize he was holding, and automatically got up, rounding the sled to start tugging it up the hill again.

Lexie got up and followed him, watching as he charged up the hill with the sled flying behind him. She followed closely behind him, watching in amusement as he plopped on the sled, holding the rope still. She sat down behind him giving a light push, and down the hill they went again. Jeongguk was fairly good at navigating on the sled, and sometimes he liked to pull it this way and that to do odd twists.

At one point or another, he pulled the rope too hard, and caused the sled to roll during it's descent. He fell off the side, and Lexie fell forward and tumbled down the hill at a rapid speed. Jeongguk got up, watching with his hand over his mouth as he watched the poor girl descend all the way down to the bottom of the hill. She lied flat on her back, her chest moving up and down with hearty laughter.

"Lexie!" Jeongguk cried, his voice shaking with laughter. He began to stumble down the hill after her.

Out of laziness, he collapsed at the ground beside her at the bottom of the hill. She sat up slowly, rubbing the back of her neck. Her expression was pained, and she tipped her head back. Jeongguk stared at her in alarm.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," she answered, rubbing her neck still. "I think I landed on my head at one point." she laughed.

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk said, getting up and kneeling in front of her. "Can I see?"

"Oh, okay." I stated.

Jeongguk nodded gravely and she swallowed nervously. She turned around and pulled her cap carefully off her head. She lifted strands of her windblown hair up and away from her neck for Jeongguk to see. She shivered as the wind pierced her bare skin. Jungkook pulled off his glove and carefully reached forward, placing a gentle hand on her neck. His fingers trailed up and down her skin, and Lexie swallowed again, her mouth growing very dry.

"Right here!" He exclaimed, and with an abrupt, painful motion, he dug his fingers into the knot in her neck.

She was about to shy away from the pain, but he began to rub the knot carefully and soothingly. She let out a relaxed sigh, and unstraightened her tense posture. Jeongguk pulled away, and she turned around, absently rubbing the spot. It didn't hurt anymore.

"Thanks." She said.

"You're welcome." He replied.

After a moment of reassuring  she was okay to sled again, she tugged on her cap and they walked to the sled together. They descended down the hill a couple more times, each time less exhilarating than the last. Once they were too tired to drag the sled, let alone themselves up the hill, they returned to Lexie's house. Jeongguk couldn't have been happier.

It was his first real snow day, and he was able to spend it with the girl he loved.

xxx

death to school soon, summer will prevail!! ughhhh i hope you all still enjoy my hoplessly romantic self.

i'm writing a lot more stories and i'm so excited to share one particular idea with you all. i think it's going to be great!