I couldn't really focus on it though because his strong fingers began working their way lower, down and along my back. He might have been trying to help me, but the presence of his heat at my front and his touch at my back was awakening me more and stirring desire that had no right being so strong.

I moaned with pleasure and rubbed my forehead into his chest, the little hairs there tickling my nose.

"I can help you relax," Cillumn offered.

I grimaced, remembering when we first met and how he had crushed me to his chest and caused me to sleep. It was tempting to fall so quickly to slumber, but I didn't remember waking feeling refreshed, and I disliked very much the thought that trouble might strike and I wouldn't be able to wake at all. I wasn't wearing it, but if we were discovered by possessed Shifters, or even the Quatori on their own my dart launcher was ready and would provide some damage. I could be useful.

"I do not wish to be hypnotized."

Cillumn chuckled softly. "I suppose that would work too, but I was thinking along other lines."

He was?

Instantly my body tensed, each nerve alerted and sensitive. The brush of his fingers set of sparks of intensity toward my core, and pressing against him I recognized his heat and the now solid bulge of his manhood against my thigh.

"Are you averse to the idea?"

Couldn't he tell that I wasn't? Or was this one of those moments where he insisted I admit such things out loud. It would be so much easier if I didn't have to speak, if I could just close my eyes and enjoy his touch. Why did he have to insist on my focus and awareness?

But he did, his fingers had stopped their downward trailing and hovered along my lower back, waiting. My inner voice tried to warn me, Cillumn was a Lord, he was not a casual lover. We would lay together and then he would move on, seeking a mate his dragon approved of. And I would be left unwanted by any Shifter with pride. I would be mateless forever.

I didn't care. I needed him now with an intensity I had never yet felt for any man Shifter or not. If it was to be the last time a man accepted me as a lover then at least it would be worth it.

"No," I managed, "I am not averse."

Instantly his hands clutched at my buttocks drawing me to him and grinding his hips against me. He too obviously longed for this intensely. His naked skin against the patches of mine was nearly too much to handle, the heat that emanated from him nearly burned. A pleasurable and arousing pain that drove my insides to twisting. Now that I had made my decision I was eager to embrace the moment. I lifted my face, expecting a kiss, at the same time running my hand down along his side and over his hip toward the part I wanted to feel the most.

"Oh no," Cillumn scolded, twisting his body away and denying me access. "I haven't even started with you yet."

I thought about protesting, for a single breath, until he turned me around and firmly pressed me up against the cabin wall, pinning me so that I could not move. I reached out my arms toward him, intent on encircling his neck and drawing him nearer for that kiss that I wanted. He did not cooperate. Instead he took them and placed them firmly at my side.

"Do not make me restrain you woman, stay still," he growled.

I inhaled sharply, the intensity on his face so severe. His dark eyebrows furrowed and the muscles along his jaw stood out vividly. His breathing too had shifted, an exited panting he seemed to be trying to control. I met his gaze, lost for long moments in the hypnotic burning of his Amber eyes.