Andy gets up and runs up the stairs to her room.

"Where are you going?" Bella yells after her.

"Google."

Carrying her laptop back downstairs, she sits at the table and concentrates on what she's reading.

Bella just shakes her head at her sister and continues cooking.

"He gave you an excuse for his eye color, right? Did he say it was the fluorescents?" Andy speaks up after a while.

Bella looks at her sister in confusion. "Yeah, how did you-"

"-google. His speed. He'll try to play it off as an adrenaline rush. Google, don't ask," she says looking at her sister. "Confront him about him saving you, but make sure you ask him to explain his strength because I don't see-"

She cuts off as the front door opens, followed by the loud voices of multiple people.

Andy slowly gets up and makes her way to stand next to her sister. Both girls face the door to see who was here with their father.

They both didnt expect to see Billy and Jacob Black, as well as Jacob's friends.

Andy sublty moves behing her sister and stiffens as she feels emotions assault her. She focuses on keeping her breathing even as the room starts to suffocate her.

"Dad," the girls said. It coming out like more of a choked sound from Andy.

"There's a game tonight," Charlie explained.

"Your dad is the one with the flatscreen," Billy said, trying to defuse the tension.

Andy smiles soflty at the man. "Did- are, um did you boys eat yet?" she awkwardly asks without looking at any of them.

"We were going to order pizza," Charlie tells them.

"So I don't have to make you guys food?" Bella questions.

"No, we're good," Charlie says awkwardly before leaving to watch the game.

When the guys all disperse, Andy turns to her older sister and starts laughing with a huge grin on her face.

"What?" the older sister asks.

"We don't have to share our tacos," Andy says, wearing a shit eating grin.

***

Quil Ateara forced Jacob to go with his dad the Swan place so that him and Embry could tag along.

All he really wanted was to see Andy again. He couldn't get her out of his head since the first encounter.

Following the adults to watch the game, the boys hesistated as the heard a soft, almost gentle, laugh.

The boys strained their ears from the couch hoping to catch bits of their conversation.

"We don't have to share our tacos," they hear Andy say.

The boys glance at each other, Jacob and Embry wearing frowns.

"What?" Quil whispers to them.

"I want tacos," the two whisper in unison.

Quil glances between the two before nodding, not even bothering to say anything about their weird behavior.

Quil tried his hardest to pay attention to the game, but he couldn't when all he wanted to do was speak to the girl. He wanted to get to know her, it was like he was drawn to her.

So when he watched Bella go upstairs, Quil took the opportunity to see her.

Andy was sitting at the table when he walked in, looking at her food with an almost blank stare.

Quil walked to her slowly, not wanting to startle her. He watches as she tenses before slowly looking over to him. He sees her freeze, almost like she was holding her breath.

"Hey," he says awkwardly. "I'm Quil Ateara."

"Andy," she chokes out.

"What happened to your head?" he decides to aak her.

"I- I was in an accident yesterday. There was a car accident at school," she stutters. "Bells and I, we almost got hit by a van. We're both okay though."

Quil stands there, not knowing what to say. He wants to get to know her, bug doesn't know anything to ask. He looks around the room and spots an old style camera.

"Cool camera."

He watches her look up and glance to the camera. She reaches over and grabs it, running her fingers over the buttons.

"Oh, it's a vintage Zorki," she quietly tells him.

"It belongs to you?" he asks with a small smile. "How old is it?"

He watches as she presses some buttons, turning it in her hands before she raises it to her faces. He watches her look though the lens at him before she snaps a picture.

"You don't mind right?" she asked him awkwardly playing with the sleeves of her sweater.

"No, no it's fine," he reassures her.

She nods her head a bit and grabs her glass of water. He can see her hands shaking as she raises the glass to her lips.

"You want a taco?"

Snapping his gaze away from her hands and to her face, he gives her a grin before taking one.

Quil watches with curiosity as she takes a couple of deep breathes before speaking again.

"Its mine. The, uh, camera, it's mine. I-I'm not sure exactly how old it is," she pauses. "It was made sometime between, uh, 1948 and 78, though."

"That's pretty cool," he tells her.

"Yeah," she whispers.

Quil was about to ask her another question when Bella walks back in. She almost completely ignores his presence and turns directly to her sister.

"I see you've eaten more," Bella says to her sister.

Andy nods to her sister's question, not looking at either Bella or himself.

"You can go Andy," Bella says with a sigh.

Quil watched Andy leave with furrowed eyebrows. Not sure if he wanted to understand the situation that just occurred.

He decided to push it out of his mind for now and went back to watch the game.

"Guess who just had a taco?" he asked his friends.

***

Vote

Comment

Follow

Unedited