Mystery girl?

“I’m not his girlfriend. And are you sure we are talking about the same guy? Sorry, but I have no idea who you are.” I replied, still a little stunned by what she said.

“I saw your picture on Twitter. Everyone’s talking about it.” 

What?

 “But I don’t have a Twitter.”

“No offense, but where have you been for the past year! Stuck in a dungeon or something?” she jokingly stated. 

Sadly, she was practically right.

“Uh, I’ve been distracted recently…” I muttered.

I looked up to see her scrolling through her phone. She smiled and clicked something.

“Here. Tell me that is not you.” She said, almost pushing the phone into my face.

I gently held her phone and gasped.

Holy shit.

That was me.

“H-How?” I managed to speak. “How do you have that picture?”

The picture was probably taken as I left the hospital. You could barely see my crumpled and saddened face through a blanket I held dearly to my body. Harry’s face, on the other hand, you could plainly see. His face, too, was one of sadness and pain. His arm was wrapped carefully around my trembling body as he escorted me to the car. I barely even remember leaving the hospital; it was all a huge giant blur to me. 

Those couple of days were days that I want desperately to forget.

“Everyone’s been tweeting it recently.” She said, and then clapped her hands together and squeaked, “eek! I can’t believe it’s you! This is soooo cool!!”

“Why is everyone tweeting that picture?” 

Is it about the kidnapping?

“What do you mean? It’s not everyday Harry walks out in public with a girl. Plus he had his arm around you! You are seriously so lucky, like you have no idea.”

Lucky?

 Psh. Yeah right.

Lucky would be the last word to describe my life.

“Oh, yeah, uh, thank you…?”

“So tell me like how is he as a boyfriend? How long have you been going out??” Her eyes were wide as she asked me these questions. 

“Uhh, we aren’t going out, I don’t know what would make you think that, sorry.” I honestly replied. “And I don’t get what you mean about Harry. Why would people-“ 

“I don’t get what you don’t get. You’re dating Harry freaking Styles, how could the universe not know!”

I gritted my teeth.

I am not dating Harry. 

“What about Harry? Why would the universe know?”

She sighed exasperatedly. 

“Are you playing with me?”

 “No, I just don’t get-“

“Harry Styles. The boy who had his arm around you. Harry Styles.”

 “I know his name is Harry Styles I just don’t get how you know him.”

“The Harry Styles in the world-famous band One Direction, Harry Styles.”