Chapter Ten

Thanks to leabasil for the cover-banner. :)   >>

___

 I slipped the CD back under Justin's door Sunday night. I don't think I could give it back to him personally without assaulting him with questions. I trudged back to my room,welcoming the warmth of the blankets.

I was awoken later on. I thought it was still night time, but it was six-thirty in the morning. The sun had only began to rise, so it was still dark. Ella doesn't come until like nine. I don't have to get up until eight. The person shook my shoulders once more.

"Aubrey," my little sister nagged. "Mom and dad left for work. They woke me up like usual, and Justin too, but he went back to bed as soon as they were gone. I can't get him to get up."

My bleary eyes peered over at her. "Why does he need to get up?," I ask,still half asleep.

"Ella enrolled him,remember? The bus is going to be at the bus stop at seven-fifteen."

I was more awake now. "Bus? Mom and dad take you to school."

"They decided that I should take the bus now, since they have to go to work earlier and they won't have to worry about me walking to it alone."

I giggle. "Public school must suck.It's too early for me."

"We're gonna be late, Aubrey."

I sit up slowly, my head throbbing for a moment.It is way too early...

"What makes you think I can get him up."

She crosses her arms, her green eyes narrowing. "I'm leaving for the bus stop at seven. It takes ten minutes to get there. Forget him," she says simply, bounding up from my bed. "Sorry for waking you," she says dryly over her shoulder.

Lily leaves, and I sit there for a moment,  before forcing myself up. Mom and dad don't like any of us missing out on learning. I suppose they'll get just as mad at Justin for not going. I guess I'll help keep him out of trouble. I can go back to sleep after I wake him. I use to have to wake up Lily when she was younger. This shouldn't be too hard,right?

I quietly walk into his room. I frown when I remember that he was kind of a bad kid when he was with his mom. A delinquent.Would he throw something at me if I bothered him? I shrug after a moment. Only one way to find out...

He's hidden under the blankets and a tangled mess of sheets and pillows. The only reason he's not taking up the whole bed, is because it's a king sized bed. He is taking up as much as he can though. I gently tug the blanket down, revealing his face. He's breathing softly; his mouth is slack. I blink at him, before reaching out to touch his shoulder. I jerk my hand back when I realize he is shirtless.

"Justin," I say loudly. "Get up."

His brown eyes pop open quickly. He looks vulnerable for just a split-second. His eyes land on me and he frowns. He still looks like he's halfway asleep.

"What?," he says, confused.

"You need to go," a yawn escapes me."to school," I finish.

He turns on his side, pulling the blanket more securely over him. He grabs the nearest pillow next to him. He clings it to him, as if he's cuddling it. He rests his head on it. I giggle at his actions, but stop quickly.

"You have to go to school, Justin."

He groans angrily. I think he's going to actually speak, but I hear his soft snore come back. I gawk at him. Did he even listen to any of that? He's going to miss his bus. Ella will have to take him later on then, or he could walk. I don't know about the last option. I'm not sure how far the school really is. Forget the options. He has time to make it there now.