Chapter 4

Tina's POV:

The rest of the day flew by. I barely even noticed as the first two periods passed. It wasn’t until third and fourth period that things started to slow down, I had science, with Chase AND Alex.

Calm down Tina, you're over reacting. I think to myself as I started to have a panic attack. I know, over reaction right? I sat down at my desk and Mrs Melda pointed to the seat next to me. Great! Chase came over and sat on the stool next to me, he smiled and said,

'Does everybody gossip about absolutely nothing around here, or something?'

'no Chase, they only gossip when you give them something to gossip about' I rested my elbows on the desk lowering my head into my hands and listening to Mrs Melda blabber on about her daughter burning her arm over the weekend. No one was even interested they were just staring blankly at the board and fake laughing at everything they thought should be funny. This cycle carried on for about 20 minutes, until Mrs Melda finally realised that we had work to do. We’re in year eleven god dammit woman! We don’t have time to hear about you're stupid child, we got learning to do, and yet you stand there telling us about how your 'clumsy child' IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR LEAVING THE IRON WITHIN HER REACH! You would have thought as a science teacher she would know better. Obviously not.

Science dragged a hell of a lot. It drained all of my energy and I could barely pull myself to my feet as the bell rang out for lunch, Chase had to help me up. I know it’s rude but I just grunted a noise that hopefully resembled thank you and walked away hanging my head slightly and leaning into Alex as he walked up and wrapped his arm around my waist.

'Hey' I smiled against his chest.

'Hey' I could hear a slight huskiness in his voice as he spoke. That damn boy’s been sleeping in lessons. Curse him and his silent sleeps, why does he get away with it? I smacked his chest

'Stop sleeping in class!' he looked down at me slightly from where my back was arched a little. he smirked a little before unwrapping his arm from my waist and crossing both across his chest pouting. He looked so freakin' adorable. Alex went off to find his friends and I went off to find Jessie. She only had the final periods with me so I needed to find her so she didn’t get lost. As I was walking along Chase came up and decided to talk to me

‘Umm . . . hey' he said as he stepped up to my pace.

'Hi' I half growled as we walked down the corridor, nothing else was said, there was this awkward silence, it wasn’t one where you felt you had to say something, it was one where you didn’t actually want to be where you were. I carried on walking, and broke into a run when I saw Jessie; I pulled her into a huge hug.

'Calm down woman!' she yells stretching me out to arm’s length.

'Sorry, I'm just excited that things are just like they used to be. Kind of' I glanced round and saw Chase still walking along. From the corner of my eye I could see Jessie beginning to smile 'I guess I'm just still not used to him' I made a growling noise at the end and walked off dragging Jessie with me. 'Listen Jess, I know you really like him but take it from me, he's just going to break your heart. I've been there, remember?' she looks up at my serious face and nods sheepishly, Jessie wasn’t scared of me, she was just a little intimidated sometimes. I didn’t mean to intimidate her most of the time, I just get stressed sometimes and that’s when it happens. I black out and forget where I am, luckily Jessie knows how to deal with it, and no one else did for a long time when I first moved here, there are still a few of my friends who don't understand. Speaking of which we walked up to 'our' table and slumped down into the chairs. There was about 20 of us. Most of them weren’t my friends but I was nice to them all the same.