t w o ➳ dan

SONG — Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

dan

The crowd pushed Dan out of the way, who stumbled back, muttering curse words under his breath. Kids were crowded around someone--he didn't know who, though.

"Why is everyone so crowded around?" Dan asked a kid with fuzzy brown — black hair, his green — blue eyes sticking out like saucers.

The boy beamed at Dan but shrugged. "Dunno, probably has something to do with that kid Phil."

Dan cocked a brow at the boy. This was Dan's first day, and although they were about two weeks into the new school year, Dan had just moved from Bristol to London, since his father had gained a new job.

But his first day was already confusing. What was going on with this 'Phil' person?

"Who's Phil?" Dan blurted out.

"Oh, some weird kid who backstabbed his friend last year," the boy shrugged. "I wouldn't get too close to him, you know . . . never trust a liar and betrayer."

Dan's eyes drifted from the black — brown haired boy to a kid--who had to be Phil--who stood up, head hung low, gripping his backpack with such force his knuckles were white. The sadness in Phil's ocean — blue eyes made Dan just want to hug him. Then the boy's words rang in his head.

"Never trust a liar and betrayer."

Dan scowled at Phil, and turned to his peer. He couldn't trust Phil, but he still wondered why everyone had crowded around him like that. He put Phil into the back of his mind, smiling at his classmate.

"So, what's your name?" Dan asked.

"Oh, I'm PJ," the boy smiled back, reaching out his hand and shaking Dan's. "Yours?"

"Dan. Dan Howell," the brown — haired boy replied.

PJ nodded. "Well, hey, you must be the newest kid here eh? Well, how about you come sit with me, I have a few friends that would he ecstatic to have a new kid join our group."

Dan was excited. He hadn't been too amazing at making friends the past few years, but this was a new start. A new start for Dan's life, and that's exactly what he needed.

"Okay, awesome!" Dan exclaimed. He couldn't contain his excitement. His parents would be so happy. Years of therapy had finally paid off, it seemed.

PJ nodded. "Well, what's your first class?"

Dan looked down at his schedule. "Concert band," he murmured. He loved music, but was a bit embarrassed about it.

PJ smiled. "I don't have first period with you--I have German. What are your other periods?"

So Dan told PJ, thinking of them off of the top of his head. Clearly he loved his classes--most of them, at least.

"Oh, hey! We have geometry together! And electronics, political studies, and poetry," PJ declared. "So yay! I have some classes with you!"

PJ looked at his watch. "It's almost time for first period. Meet us at lunch--we're outside by that big tree. See you in third!"

Dan waved goodbye. He decided to go to the bathroom first, so he wouldn't have to be excused in later classes.

Dan made his way through the crowd of herding people, pushing himself in the boy's bathroom. The door behind him closed and all was silent. He was content and sighed, leaning against he wall. Dan pulled out his phone and searched tumblr, a bit bored before school.