Half blood

"When do you leave?" A voice far behind says. Calum. Eavesdropping, probably.

"Tonight. In 2 hours. That is, if Michael agrees." Luke says, turning around to see Cal. "We don't have much time."

"I'm sure Michael's gonna say yes. He's probably heard the conversation already anyway." Calum says, utterly nonchalant. Luke just looks at him in confusion.

"Oh uh I have superhuman hearing and I can read minds." Michael says, appearing from behind Calum. He was eating an apple. He seemed so chill about all of this, which unnerved me a bit. "And yes, of course I'll say yes. This is my princess we're talking about."

"Where are you taking her this time?" Calum asks. His voice was clearly pained.

"A CIA agency in Paris. Bulletproof everywhere, which is why it's technically moonvine proof, cause moonvines penetrate as deep as much as dull pencils can. Security cameras fully functional, hot and cold shower, and a deluxe bedroom prepared by the archangels specially for Sapphire." Luke says. "Entire perimeter monitored by angels. Nothing comes in that easily."

Michael nods. "Looks like Fire is gonna be safe. But, I take back my yes. And I'll only give it back on one condition." He raises an eyebrow at Luke. "I want you to take Rie with you.

"WHAT?" Calum yells. "Why Rie, Mike? But.. Why not me?"

"Because Rie's a very systematic kid. When all else fails, his brain gets everyone through." Michael answers. Calum just keeps quiet. "And uh, Luke? Nice going with tying Rie up to keep you and himself safe. Now can you please wake him up?"

"Sure. Uh, sorry." Luke scratches the back of his head and nods at one of his commanders. He immediately unties Rie and shakes him a bit. His eyes flicker open, then he cringes when he sees gold in front of him. He's always been afraid of demons and their wings.

"NOOOOO!" Rie shrieks.

"Chill, Rie. It's alright, it's alright kid." Michael calms him down.

"Wha.. But.. What happened?!" Rie holds his head.

"Hard to explain. Listen, you're going to Paris with Luke and his officers. No questions. Just go."

Rie nods and stands up. "How much time do I have before we go?" He asks Luke.

"2 hours." He answers. Rie nods.

"Well, let's get you ready angel." Mike holds my waist and leads me out the door. "Luke, other guys, wait here. Alright?"

"Yes sir." Luke salutes and smiles. I see his dimple on the right side of his cheek and I shiver a bit.

Mike sees Cat on our way down. He whispers in her ear. She then nods and starts packing everything for me. My books, my journal, everything in my cluttered bed, into an ash gray suitcase which has now become more colorful than my existence.

"You stay safe there, kiddo." Cat tells me when she hands me the suitcase. "And, incase things get a little desperate.." She taps 3 gray ends that look like hot glue gun wands. Moonvines. She then pushes them inside the suitcase's front pocket and zips it up.

"I'm gonna miss you." Calum says from the back. He walks to us. "I'm gonna miss you very much."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I smile.

"Yeah well I just hope you'd feel something else." Calum looks at me. Then he laughs. "I'm kidding."

I look at his eyes. Misty blue. He's hurt. So I hug him, which I realize is stupid cause I'd hurt him more.

"You shouldn't do this Fire, I might not be able to let go." He says, voice hushed and silent, almost a whisper. His arms were still enveloping me.

"Alright Cal time to say good bye." Mike says, pulling the two of us apart.

"I'll never forget you, Fire." Cal says.

"Hey, I'm not dying." I laugh. "But I'll never forget you too." I smile.

Mike carries my stuff upstairs. Luke and his soldiers were talking. Rie was already with them. Mike clears his throat, and they all turn around and stand in attention.

"Careful with my angel, guys." He says, handing my bag to Luke. He gives it to the demon standing beside him.

"Will do sir." Luke salutes. He loops his arm around my waist. "Let's go?" He asks me, and I nod.

We go up to the helipad upstairs, and said our final goodbyes.

"We'll miss you." Cat says, giving me a hug.

"I'll miss you all too." I smile.

Rie was already with one of Luke's commanders. He seemed almost excited to go.

Luke spreads his wings, the moonlight illuminating every arc perfectly. He looks at me and I go to him. His arm goes around my waist again. He kisses my forehead, and we soar to the sky with 3 big beats of his wings.