Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Connecticut - 21a-267

Use, Possession or Delivery of Drug Paraphernalia

Six Years Earlier

"WHO THE HELL is that?" Nick asked.

"Who?" Jeremy looked around the living room for anyone Nick might not know.

"The girl in the tank top." Nick stared at her.

"Oh, man. You do not want to get mixed up with her. I mean I heard she's a fucking good lay, but that's it. You have to get out from her clutches before she puts her hooks in you and leaves you for dead." Jeremy handed the joint back to Nick.

Nick couldn't take his eyes off of her. It wasn't that she was stunningly beautiful exactly, but he could see the quiver of excitement she radiated. Her smile was both charming and dangerous. He took a drag, let the smoke linger in his lungs and then let out a big exhale, never taking his eyes off the girl in the tank top. "What's her name?"

"Robyn, man. I think. But Brendan calls her Stacey for some reason. I heard he roughs her up," Jeremy said taking back the roach.

She likes it rough? "What do you know about her, exactly?"

"I've seen her at Bookworms in the middle of the night more than once. She just blew me off when I tried talking to her, though," Jeremy said. "I think she's too much for you to handle, man."

Nick scoffed. "Jeremy, no woman is too much for me to handle."