5. Where does this leave us?

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Yep. We’ll get this. Now, do me a favor and just be a baby for the mean time.”

“Will you spank me?”

What?! God. Her husband.

Napairap na lang siya. “Well, if you’re a bad boy, maybe I will.”

Nagpipigil ang ngiting inayos niya ang kumot ni Angelo. Sira-ulo talaga ‘tong si Angelo.

“But babies need breast milk.”

She gasped at his joke, eyes widening.

“You’re sick and you’re horny!” She played disgusted.

“You can’t accuse me of that. Babies are the only innocent ones left in this world”, he played along.

Seryoso, nauubusan siya ng bala kay Angelo. Talino ng utak, e. “Oo na, smart ass. Will you please, please don’t worry and just lie down till your well? Or I’ll spank you right now and you can kiss your millions away.” Pinilit niya pang humiga ulit ang makulit niyang asawa hanggang sa hindi na ‘to nakipagtalo pa. “Do you understand?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

She smiled. Teacher lang ang peg.

“Pagaling, okay?” She kissed him on the li—cheek. Natawa na lang siya. Umiwas kasi si Angelo sa halik niya kaya naging sa pisngi lang. Baka raw kasi mahawa siya. Sira talaga. “Dinner together. I’m really excited to see Hunter’s fam.” May dinner date kasi sila sa pamilya ni Hunter.

Hunter is Angelo’s best friend, though he couldn’t make it on their wedding day, but they understood. Sino ba naman ang iiwan ang asawang nasa labor? But now Hunter’s in the Philippines together with his wife and son, so yeah, they’re excited to see them. Excited ang ninong at ninang.

Kinuha niya ang bag niya sa kama at tumayo na.

“Hey.” Angelo caught her wrist when she started to turn her heels.

“Hmm?”

“Good luck. And please, please come back in one piece with no scratch. Can I count on that?” Angelo looked at her, eyes filled with warmth.

She smiled and reassured him. “Yes, sir.”

“And in case you forgot... I love you, remembered now?”

Pakilig pa! “Hmm, keso.” Natatawang mahinang tinapik niya sa braso si Angelo.