The Dragon Ring

Chapter 4

Meggann tapped her pencil against her notebook. Trying her very best not to look at Ivan next to her. She chewed the inside of her mouth very hard. The taste of her blood was filling her mouth with how hard the bit into her flesh.

She sneaks a quick glance at Ivan. Seeing he was dotting down notes. But he must've sensed her gaze. For he turns to look at Meggann. A warm, mischievous smile on his face. Meggann silently snarled at him.

Showing her long, white teeth at Ivan. His smile just grew wider. As if her snarl didn't happen. And she was just giving him a nice, warm smile.

Meggann suddenly hears running footsteps in the hallway from where she sat. She looks toward the door and waits. Noticing very few heads-about two or three-were looking toward the door.

The door shoots open like a rocket. Hitting the wall very hard. Possibly creating a large dent from the door handle. Also making a loud "bam" sound. Causing every single head to shoot up from their notebooks. And toward the door.

Meggann's eyes widened when she saw Jared. He had a serious look on his face. There was a backpack on his left shoulder. He no longer wore a blazer or any fancy attire. Now he wore jeans and a black buttoned up shirt. Looking like a normal teenager.

Besides when his eyes were gold and hair was bright silver. AND HIS TATTOO WAS COMPLETELY VISIBLE!!

Meggann kept herself from screaming at him at the top of her lungs. She clawed the table again. Making a loud screeching sound. Meggann dropped her hands into her lap before anyone knew it was her.

She just stared with a jaw-dropped mouth. Meggann's eyes were about to pop out of their sockets.

"Well took that vamp long enough." Meggann hears Ivan comment. She shoots a death glare at him. Her glasses accidentally flew off. And hit Ivan's shoulder. Meggann gasps and shields her eyes.

She quickly took a grab for her glasses. But Ivan grabbed them before Meggann could. Meggann shoots him a glad between her fingers.

"M-May I help you?" Mr. Ruben asks, clearly frightened. Jared shot his head toward Mr. Ruben. A killer glare on his face. Making Mr. Ruben flinch in fear.

"I'm the new student, and I was sadly late to class. Sorry for the ruff entrance." Jared explained calmly. His cold glare becomes a warm, calming expression. A tiny smile on his face. Meggann felt her mouth drop even more. The top, left corner of her lip twitching. 'Did he literally do all that, and say he was a new student!' Meggann thought furiously.

Jared straightened up and smiles even wider. Meggann suddenly hears girls giggle. She looks around at all the girls. They were whispering to their friends from behind their friends. Eyeing Jared like he was the last cookie on a tray.

"I-I was told I was given only one new student. Not two." Mr. Ruben said nervously.

Jared growled lowly at him. Exposing a long, sharp fang. Making Mr. Ruben shrink in fear. "I'm very positive this is my first period class." Jared said coldly. Glaring holes deep into Mr. Ruben.

"Y-Yes Mr-"

"My name is Jared Dolton, pleased to meet you." Jared said, interrupting Mr. Ruben's sentence. He turns to look at the class. A nice smile on his face. "Sorry for that startling entrance. I didn't mean to cause an interruption." Jared apologized.

Jared's eyes finally settled upon Meggann. A happy smile on his face came. But it faded when he noticed Ivan.

It immediately turned into a death glare.

He lifts his top lip and growls. Showing his long fangs. Narrowing his eyes darkly. His golden eyes showing so much hatred.

"May I ask why you have silver hair, golden eyes, and a tattoo like that?" blurted a kid. Meggann shot her head to whoever said that. She sees it was a nerdy looking boy. He had glasses and a checkered shirt.

Jared's killer gaze turns to look at the nerdy kid. His expression turning a kind looking gaze.

"I was born with this hair, I have this disease that turned my eyes gold. And this tattoo, will be unanswered to you all." Jared spoke. Sounding proud and mysterious. He smiles at the boy as if he was an old friend to him. "That's a beautiful tattoo!" blurted out a young girl.

Meggann just slammed her head hard against the table. Not able to take anymore. She slowly lifted her head back up. Feeling her forehead now pounding like hell. 'Damn.' Meggann thought angrily.

"Well Mr. Dolton, I will discuss with the principle. And see what classes you are in. For now, you can sit with Danny; Danny hold up your hand please."

Danny held up her hand. A light blush on her cheeks. Jared smiled at her kindly.

Meggann just rolled her eyes. Her eyes settled upon Ivan. He looked calm but Meggann saw anger deep in his irises. She heard a deep rumble. Hearing it was coming from Ivan's chest.

"Angry are we?" Meggann asked amused. She rested her head in her hand. A smirk on her face as she looked at Ivan. He shot a glare at her. But he just chuckled. "I'm not angry." Ivan said untruthfully.

Earning a raised eyebrow from Meggann. She rolled her eyes again and looked back at Jared. He now sat in the seat next to Danny.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

__________________________

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Finally it was the last period of the day. Meggann was happy that no one was able to see her new look. Not even her friends tried to take her glasses and hat off.

"You seem happy?" Jared said from next to Meggann. She turns to look at Jared. A smile on her face. "No one saw my new appearance. And I'm really happy about that." Jared couldn't help but smile.

"We're still gonna leave." Jared suddenly exclaimed. Meggann just stopped where she was. All her limbs just stopped moving. Not allowing her to move. As if she was paralyzed like a deer in headlights. "Meggann?"

Meggann didn't look at Jared. She didn't want too. She just broke out running. Her cap flew off and her long blonde hair flew out.

Ignoring everyone her, Meggann ran faster. Not caring if they saw her new appearance. And that they may notice who she was. Tears began to run down her face as she ran.

'Pour girl.' said a demonic sounding voice. Meggann looked around when she exited the school. The voice spoke when she left the building.

"Meggann wait!" Jared shouted behind her.

Meggann immediately broke out running. More tears ran down. She takes a sharp turn and runs toward a tree. Hiding behind the tree. Making sure that Jared wouldn't see her.

'Pathetic! You're hiding from your own guardian!' Meggann almost jumped out of her skin. The voice sent shivers up her spin. "Who's there!?" Meggann whispered out. But she felt stupid, talking to someone who wasn't there. 'Look at your ring, child.' said the voice.

Meggann looks down and almost screamed. The ring was now an actual dragon!