Chapter 2

I opened my eyes, the sunlight from my window glaring at me. Next to me, my phone had gone off, the LED light flashing. Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, I picked it up, scrolling through my messages. The latest one was from Asriel.

Asriel/ Hey Char
Me/ Hey Asri
Asriel/ Wanna hang out today?
Me/ Sounds fun! Gotta ask Sans tho. What'll we do?
Asriel/ I was thinking of going to the park?
Me/ Awesome! I'll ask rn

I jumped out of bed, sliding down the ladder of mine and Frisk's bunk bed. I realized she wasn't there. Clicking on my phone, I saw it was ten. Crap, I overslept! Rushing downstairs in my green tank top and yellow pajama shorts, I found Sans, Papyrus and Frisk eating breakfast.

"Hey!" I said, kissing Sans and Papyrus on the cheek in greeting and sitting down next to Frisk. I set my phone down next to me.

"You're strangely happy," said Frisk, smiling. I nodded. "I am!" I turned to Sans. "Can Asriel and I go to the park today?" Next to me, I felt Frisk stiffen.

"Sure," said Sans, narrowing his eyes at me. They flashed blue for a second before calming down. Papyrus chuckled.

"Thanks!" I said, jumping up and grabbing my phone from the table. Sans stopped me, raising his hand. Papyrus was laughing. "Human, child, slow down!"

I blushed, huffing and sitting back down next to Frisk. Frisk had gone red and her brown eyes were flitting across the room, looking at anything but me.

After breakfast, I click on my phone and texted him. Asri, when do you want to meet? ;) He texted me back moments later. I'll pick you up on my bike at 11:30? I looked at the time. 10:35. Yeah, I texted back, smiling stupidly to myself.

Running to my room, sliding in my socks, I pushed open the door. Frisk followed me more slowly.

"So, what is this? A date?" She said huffily, plopping onto her bed and picking up her phone, scrolling through it.

I couldn't stop blushing, so I decided to keep my eyes trained on the mirror. "Heh, no, Frisk, shut up," I said. I took my brush and started carefully combing through my hair, getting out the knots.

I must've been doing something wrong, and Frisk stood up and walked over to me, putting something on her hands and spreading it over my brown bob, then brushing through it again until it was silky smooth. I smiled. "Thanks, Frisk."

She gave me a small smile. "'No prob," she said, not able to meet my eye. I changed from my pjs into a green blouse with a yellow line through it and skinny jeans, slipping into my yellow flip flops.

I turned to Frisk, phone in hand, raising my arms. "How do I look?" She smiled, but pain showed in her brown gaze.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sitting down on the edge of her bed. She gave me a quick nod, turned away, and continued scrolling through her phone.

With a small sigh, I stood up, stretching. Slipping my phone and some dollar bills in my pocket, I stood walked out of the room. My hands resting on the doorknob as I wondered if I should say anything else to me sister. Deciding against it, I walked quickly out of the room.

My phone gave a resounding ping. It was from Asriel. 'I'm outside!'

"Bye, Sans! Bye, Papyrus!" I yelled, slipping my helmet on my head and taking my bike out of its rack in the garage. Once outside, I saw Asriel, in a tight green and yellow stripped t-shirt and jeans with green Jordan's.

"Hey," I said, smiling, letting him wrap his arms around me and kiss my cheek in greeting. Of course, Undyne and Alphys had to pull into the driveway in that moment. Undyne winked in my direction and walked inside the house, closely followed by her nerdy lover.