Oh, so they were brothers. Uriah was a million times nicer than Elijah. And he was cute.

"Uh, my name is Veronica. I came over to welcome you guys, but..." I trailed off awkwardly.

Elijah's eyes shot to mine with intense dislike and I took a step back, crossing my arms over my chest. I matched his glare and he raised an eyebrow. Uriah looked between the two of us with amusement.

"I think you guys will make great friends," he commented with a huge smile. Dimples surfaced on his cheeks and I just about melted. I turned my gaze to him and forced a smile, "We'll see about that."

"No we won't. Don't come over here again, Victoria," Elijah growled.

Uriah smacked his brother on the arm and whispered, "Her name is Veronica. Why are you being such an asshole to her?"

I waved my hand in their faces, standing on my tippy toes and said, "Hello? I'm right here. I can hear everything you're saying."

Elijah gave me a nasty look and took a step towards me. I couldn't help but notice as his muscles rippled over his stomach while he moved. I stood still until the tips of his boots hit the tips of my converse.

"That's the problem," he said so low I could barley hear him.

"Elijah," Uriah warned.

I didn't get the chance to move out of the way as Elijah plucked me off the ground and flung me over his shoulder. The blood immediately rushed to my face as I pounded on his back. Elijah ignored his brother's protests as he continued outside.

He took one step onto the white porch and shut the door behind him. I kept banging on his back and yelling profanities at him as he kept walking.

Elijah stopped once he got to my house. He dropped me like a sack of potatoes onto the seat swing in my front yard. The swing swung back and forth from my impact. 

With that, Elijah strutted back to his house.

I clenched my fists so hard that my nails dug into my palms. Elijah had just humiliated me and kicked me out of his house.

This wasn't over.

This meant war.

Uriah stood on the porch, waving to me and yelled, "Sorry for my dumbass brother's attitude!"

I was about to reply when Elijah shoved past his brother to get into the house. He shut the door behind him and Uriah shrugged before deciding to come over to my yard. He plopped down beside me on the seat swing and his long legs stretched out in front of us, stopping the swing from moving.

Uriah ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"Elijah really doesn't mean any of what he said," Uriah tried to explain.

I lifted a hand. "I don't care," I turned to face him, "Just know, I will not let him get away with this."

Uriah gave me a shocked look for a second before he burst out laughing. Clutching his stomach, he said, "Not many people have the guts to stand up to my brother. He's very, uh-"