The Task

A/N What's up! Here's the update you've been waiting for! Sorry I've been studying for examsssss it's killlllllerrrr I hate them more than I hate umbridge. (Just kidding! I hate Umbridge more I dont think I will hate anything or anyone more than her. At least Bellatrix's character was somewhat interesting and stuff. But Umbridge I just plain hate. Anyone else agree?!) 

Btw I didn't write this all by myself my quotev co-author Vulpes edited my chapter and helped me out  so credit to her handy bit of work here! 

____________________________________________________________________________________

     As night fell, I looked at my pale form in the body length mirror and tried to rub the sleepy look from my features. Releasing a sigh, I pulled a long black trench coat on and combed my fingers through my slightly tangled hair, before turning and heading to the door. With my hand, I grasped onto the handle, and took one deep breath in an effort to calm my nerves before slipping out. I tread down the main stone staircase and out of the manor where Bellatrix, stood her arms crossed, by the large iron gates of the exit to the grounds. Her foot made a tapping rhythm of impatient as her eyes followed my every stride.
       "Took you long enough," She grumbled.
       I yawned, biting my tongue to stop myself from saying something I would regret later, "Why couldn't this be done during the day?"
       "You'll find out soon enough," She said and put her arm out. "Take my hand." I looked at her hesitant for a moment, before taking a hold of her cold hand just as she commanded. In a second I felt this tightness around me, compressing my muscles, but it ended as quickly as it came.
The surroundings had changed drastically; we were definitely no longer in the grounds of Malfoy Manor. Tall reeds towered over me, and I picked up my leg only to find it weigh me down. I looked to the ground and groaned, seeing I was standing in an ankle deep puddle. "Where are we?" I asked, kicking my soaked feet about
      "Where do you think," She retorted rhetorically. I thought it over a bit, feeling honestly lost as I looked around, then a memory I buried away came up to the surface. Looking to her, I saw a faint grin tugged at the corners of her lips. "Now you know, don't you?"
     "Why did you bring me here?" My tone became more aggressive and eyes narrowed.
     "The Dark Lord has given you a task," She said. "One only you can do."
     "And what would that would be?"
     "You are going to give this to Arthur Weasley," She handed me a piece of parchment, turning it over I made out scrawly hand writing and some digits. An address. I examined it with the little light that dimly came down from the yellow moon
     "What is it?" I asked dumbly, hoping for a filling explanation.
     "The residence we're ordered to attack in three days' time," She stated like she was talking to an imbecile.
     "Why would you want me to tell them this?" I questioned, raising my head.
     "Because, you need to gain their trust. The only way to do that is if they believe what you're telling them is true." She explained quietly.
     I looked down at the paper with guilt. "This attack was planned just so I could gain their trust?"
    "Precisely," A wicked grin spread across her face. I exhaled and closed my eyes for a second gathering my thoughts.
     "What if they don't buy it?" I asked, eyes snapping open to look to her. 
     Bellatrix smiled maliciously, "You're going to have to pray your acting is believable." Her wicked face widened, "I don't think I need to remind you what will happen if you don't do this." I quickly shook my head recalling the day's previous event. "Good."
    "How do I know they'll even let me in?" I sighed looking for anyway to stall this. "I severed any bridges I once had with them."
   "Because I know a certain Weasley  wants to believe the best in you," she said in an eerie whisper. "Now hurry, we don't have all night." Her bony hand pushed me forward and I trekked through the reeds. Pushing the last layer aside, I looked out at the Burrow and gulped- the image of last Christmas flashing before my eyes. Shaking my head and the thoughts away, I walked to the Weasley residence. My nerves caused me to stand at the door for a minute feeling ill in the pit of my stomach. What does she expect me to do just knock on the door and be like "Hey how's everything been, anyone up for a cup of tea?"
     There isn't an easy way around just get it done with already, I told myself. Without a second thought to change my mind, I quickly knocked thrice at the door and held my breath hearing muffled footsteps shuffling towards the entrance. Slowly it creaked open, and before me was a familiar red-haired woman. Her almost homely aura had faded into a hostile feeling as her big- once welcoming- eyes widened further in shock. She started closing the door without a single breath spared, but I quickly stopped it, smacking my hand against the wood. "Wait...please.." I mumbled.
     "Whatever you have to say I don't want to hear it," Molly answered rigidly. "Take your business somewhere else."
     "Mrs. Weasley, I didn't come here to fight, and I have no ill intention." I lied feeling a lump form in the back of my throat, which I swallowed for effect. "I came here to warn you." I blurted out hoping it was believable. God knows I'm a terrible liar.
    She scanned me suspiciously, her lips pressed in a firm line. "Who's at the door?" Someone called from behind her. Molly turned her gaze over her shoulder but didn't answer.
   "Please, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you or anyone, just let me explain myself." I pleaded.
She sighed and pondered for a moment, but then said,"Your wand," and held her hand out.
    I twisted my lips in confusion, "My wand?"
    "I'll listen to you if you give me your wand." She said sternly. I quickly drew it from my coat and handed it to her through the small space she left open in the doorway. She took it and looked me over one last time before opening the door wide and let me in. The warmth of the house enveloped me as soon as I walked in and my frigid form melted like ice.
    "Who's at the door, love?" An older male voice repeated, and I watched Arthur Weasley walk out of the kitchen of the Burrow. He stopped mid step looking at me, and then his wife, "Molly?"
    "Back to the kitchen Arthur," she said simply, "There's something she wants to..discuss.."
He furrowed his brows, but nodded, and took a hold of my wand from his wife and stashed it in his pocket. He retreated back to the kitchen, myself following, and I heard the door close softly behind us. The kitchen looked exactly the same- except without the Christmas decorations obviously. The large table worn with use had just been cleaned, and pots were washing themselves in the sink. The room smelled of a freshly cooked dinner, and an open burning wood fire.
    "So.." Arthur began as he took a seat at the table, "What is it you want to talk about, (Y/N)?" His voice was soft and calm like it used to be, but by the look in his eye I could tell he held no time to waste.
    Hastily I took a seat opposite him, twiddling the note in my finger tips. Here goes nothing. "I-I know you have every right not to believe me but you need to listen to me I've come to-to deliver a warning," I mumbled stuttering over my words for effect. I pressed the paper on the table and slid it across to him like a dealing. His brown eyes looked at it wearily, and he retracted his wand from his pocket and waved it over it. When nothing out of the ordinary happened he seemed reasonably satisfied and took it in hand. Mrs Weasley placed a hand on his shoulder behind him and leaned to read along with him.        After a moment's wait he looked up shocked, "B-but-this is-"
    "What, Arthur, dear?" Molly whispered.
    He gulped and traced his finger over it, "It's Hermione's families address.."It was Molly's turn to gasp in horror. "She asked us to watch them because of her blood status..." he continued .
    I released a fake shakey breath, "I-I had no idea... I just knew it was something to do with muggles, I never thought.." This was true...I never knew they planned to attack Hermione. Although considering her blood status, the fact that she's in the Order, and her close friendship with Harry it would only make sense that they'd choose her. After all, in order to make this even more convincing we need someone that means a lot to them.  
     "And this is a warning? For an attack?" He asked.
     I nodded subtly, "Yeah.. no matter what family it was I knew I couldn't let them.. well.. do what they do.."
     He nodded in understanding and folded the parchment, slipping it into his breast pocket and patting it. Molly leaned down and whispered to him, but not before throwing me a shady glare, and I heard the sound of a word that was like 'leave'."Thank you, (Y/N), this really is something,"Arthur then said as Molly stepped back and he smiled gently. Damn that cut right through me.
    I smiled back of course, "I'm glad.. things have really been rough.."
    He nodded, "I understand, and so you should return before anyone gets suspicious."Our chairs screeched as we pushed them out and stood.
    "Thank you for your time, I know it wasn't easy to allow me inside."Molly gave a silent nod and stare in agreement as we walked back to the front door. She opened it and let me step out before I turned back, "Thank you again. I hope you protect them as best as possible."
   "We're appreciative of it, we are, Hermione especially."
    I smiled and nodded, "I'm glad." Molly pressed my wand back into my sweaty palms and patted them lightly.
   " Travel safe now," Were Arthur's last words before the door was closed on me, and I was in the slightly chilly Summer night yet again. I let go of a breath I didn't know I had been holding as I turned and began walking back to the reeds. Not a second later I felt a dark presence behind me and a chest against my back.
    Sharp nails pierced my skin as a slim hand held onto my forearm and a chuckle erupted from a familiar female mouth, "Job done. Now let's get out of this blood traitor dump."