The Black Parade

{Desirae}

So... Today is the day of my funeral. Then my burial. I really need to show them that I'm still alive! But how?

{Devin}

Today is the funeral. Her funeral. My best friend Desirae. Or at least she was when she was alive. I sighed and sat up in bed, glancing at the clock. 9:45. I stood up and streched, heading over to my closet while rubbing my eyes.

Picking out a black strapless mermaid tail dress (A/N, side >>>), I placed it on my bed.

Then I decided to do something rebellious. This is for Desirae.

I drove to the corner store and bought hair dye. Dark brown hair dye. The drive home I couldn't get my mind off of her. Oh Des.

Taking the dress with me, I went into the bathroom and mixed the dye. My mind started to wander back to Desirae so I shook the thoughts and glanced at my blonde reflection for the last time, then started to cover my long, white-blonde hair with the dark brown, gooey substance waiting for the color to stain. I rinsed my hair and blow dried it before actually taking in my appearance. I don't even look like the same person.

I took a quick shower, then slipped on the silky black dress at my feet. Instead of my usual lightly applied makeup, I put the eyeliner on really thick, pairing it with a silver and black smoky eye look. I sprayed some fancy, flower smelling perfume that I found and put on my black flats. I got in my mustang and drove to the church where it's being held, as a single tear slid down my cheek and dripped onto my dress.

{Kellin}

Desirae squeezing my hand was still the first thing on my mind when I woke up. Did she actually squeeze my hand?! Or didn't she?! This is driving me insane. I have to know.

I showered in record timing and raced around my room, finding clothes suitable for today. I settled on dark grey skinny jeans, black converse, a white t-shirt, and a black vest. I slipped on a lot of my bracelets and my studded belt. Ok, I think I'm ready...

*Time Skip / At The Church, Funeral Time*

{Desirae}

Right now I'm pretty grateful people don't get hungry while in comas. Because otherwise, I would be starving.

I don't even know how long I have been staring at the inside of my eyelids, which by the way is like having your eyes closed. Right now, my situation is basically the same as when you close your eyes to sleep, but can't fall asleep and end up gazing into dark nothingness. Light's on, nobody's home. (Or maybe vice versa; light's off, somebody's home?)

Either way I was jolted out of my thoughts by the sound of a door being thrown open.

I heard the footsteps of only one person walk into the room. They came over to my wooden casket and I couldn't help but wonder who it is. I then hear a couple more pairs of footsteps, followed by several indiscernible whispering voices. I wish I could hear what they were saying though.

A short while later, I felt people lifting up the casket and carrying me to a new location. Probably where my casket will be placed during the event.

*Time Skip / Everybody Has Arrived*

Someone approached my casket and, by the sounds of it, opened the lid. Somebody burst into tears and many others were sniffling. The person next to my casket cleared their throat and I immediately recognized it as Tony. Tony! Oh Tony...

"Sunshine, there ain't a thing that you can do that's gonna ruin my night.
(But, there's just something about)
This dizzy dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy.
Licking your fingers like you're done and,
You've decided there is so much more than me.
And baby, honestly it's harder breathing next to you, I shake.
I brought a gun and as the preacher tried to stop me.
Hold my heart it's beating for you anyway.

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole.

Nobody prays for the worthless.
Nobody gives another penny for the selfish.
(You're learning how to taste what you kill now.)

Don't mind me, I'm just reaching for your necklace.
Talking to my mom about this little girl from Texas.

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole.

Just give her back to me.
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need.

So, baby, what if I can't forget you?
(What if I can't forget you?)
Collide invisible lips like a shadow on the wall,
And just throw, oh no.

You can't just throw me away.

So, what if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What if I don't even want to?

Oh, oh. Oh, oh. Oh. Oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh. Oh, oh. Oh.

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole.

Just give her back to me.
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need.

So, baby, what if I can't forget you?
(What if I can't forget you?)

I'd better learn to live alone.

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What's so good about? What's so good about?
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

Oooooh."

If I was in control of my tear ducts I would've just burst into tears right about now.

Then a cool wetness slid down my pale cheek and dripped next to my ear.

WAIT, WHAT?! D-did I just... cry? I gasped suddenly, since my brain seems to be in control now, and started choking for air. It was like I had been in a vacuum sealed container, with all the air having been sucked out of my lungs in quick succession. My hands bolted up the top of my casket and I began clawing at the polished surface. Clawing quickly turned to banging with my fists and I screamed while beating against the closed lid.

"Please! Let me out, I'm alive! Somebody! Help me, please, I'm not dead." I shouted as loud as I could and I heard several shocked gasps before suddenly an eerie silence blanketed the room.

"DESIRAE!" I heard Kellin yell and light flooded into the previous darkness as my coffin was thrown open. I bolted upright and was met with brilliant white light, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut tightly.

Slowly I opened my eyes, glancing around at the shocked faces in the room. I heard sobbing and a girl ran outside, collapsing on the ground once her feet left the marble stairs.

Kellin screamed "Devin!", before bolting after the girl and cradling her in his arms.

Was that really Devin?