Chapter 9: Home, Sweet, Home.

I was startled at first, but then I herd Damian's twin ask me what was the matter, that I looked like I had just seen a ghost. That is because I technically did. This maiden I saw was transparent, but looked solid non-the-less. She put her hands over her mouth and apologized for coming out too early.

I smiled and looked over at Damian's twin and said," I am just surprised that people are still taking care of this place. Who pays them?"

" We carry on as our parents, as our ancestors did when Mr. Locksworth was alive. We endure, I should say, Milady." A young butler told me. He had blond hair and bright blue eyes. He ways quite tall too.

" What is your name?" I asked him with a smile.

He looked up and then drew his gaze away from me.

" My name is Jasper Milady. Pleased to meet your loveliness, Miss?" He replied.

" The pleasure is all mine, Jasper. I am Victoria Lucklane, descendant of Stephen Locksworth. I am glad to finally be home." I say bowing like Madeline had taught me in one of my dreams. Very lady-like, but not to formal. It was almost like a princess's chamber-maid's bow.

" Miss?" Jasper whispered, a hint of surprise in his voice as he spoke.

I stood up straight and smiled, my gaze still on his blue eyes.

" Yes?"

" I-I am just surprised that someone of nobility, such as yourself, has bowed to me of all people."

I smiled again and tilted my head," What do you mean? I am always nice to those I meet, bringer of treasure. There is no reason to be surprised." I told him.

" Oh..." His whole face went red in the sunlight as he realized my lack of nobility I had growing up.

" It is okay, I enjoy being nice to others because, I know, if I am kind to others, they are more likely to be kind in return. You see?"

" Yes, Miss Lucklane." Jasper whispered.

" What is the matter? Are you alright?" I asked him sweetly, like a young child would.

" Yes, Miss. . . It is just that. . . W-well. . . You remind me of a girl I used to know." He told me.

" Really? What was her name?" I asked in the same sweet- toned voice.

" Maggie, I think. I am not sure, it has been many years since I last saw her." He said quietly, his gaze on the ground in what seemed like shame for not remembering clearly.

" That is quite alright, bringer of treasure. You may remember in time, but for now, why don't you show me around? I can hardly wait to get settled." I said with a bright smile.

" As you wish, Miss Lucklane."

" Please, just call me Victoria?"

" Sure thing, Miss Victoria."

" He-he, venient in nomine gemini Damiani!" I said to Damian's twin.

" Ecce ego post tergum sequar vos Miss Victoria." He replied with a light smile.

I smiled and we walked into the manor.

" This is "the office". My mother used to tell me stories about Mr. Locksworth and how he would work in this room."

" It Is quite peaceful in here. It has a great view, too." I commented.

The room was crafted out of oak and had emerald green walls. There was a desk and a very comfortable looking chair. There was a large window that overlooked a garden and a greenhouse. On the walls were pictures of Mr. Locksworth, Mrs. Locksworth and their four children, but non of which included Madeline. There were bookshelves lining the walls, filled to the corners with large books that resembled atlases and trade records.