Chapter 5: Inheritance and Hazel eyes

" I what!?" I shouted in surprise. I am surprised because I am getting ready to inherit a plantation and the works, but I have always been treated like an unwanted guest. Miss Little Cinderella, but I am the oldest of the Lucklane children. Three girls. Two with beautiful blond hair and blue eyes and one with chestnut brown hair and greenish hazel eyes.

I was born with brown hair, which is odd because both my parents are blond. I just thought that I was different because I was adopted or something like that. I never knew I was related to a bunch of rich people and that IN their will, They left the Plantation to the first born of the fourteenth generation of their bloodline. I forgot what the guys name was, but it sounded familiar to me for some reason. I think it was Stephen. Yeah! That was it! Stephen Locksworth.

After I got the news, I went to the public library and Google Searched him. I started to tear up at the history of my family, but what Really got me was a picture of a young girl, about my age. She PHYSICALLY LOOKED JUST LIKE ME!

I fell to the floor and the tears wouldn't stop raining down my cheeks. I looked just like her, was treated JUST like her . . . I had t-the s-same . . . Eyes as her. I WAS HER! SHE WAS ME!

I exited out of the computer and ran out of the building like my life depended on it. I was so freaked out!

How could he know that I, the descendant of MADELINE LOCKSWORTH, would look just like her.

Madeline had the same greenish eyes as me and was treated unfairly, JUST LIKE ME!

WE ARE THE SAME PERSON BASICALLY! I mean there is no other way to put it.

Another thing is that, Stephen had left a letter in the will. It was addressed to the heir, me, and had," DO NOT OPEN WHEN AROUND OTHERS, MY DEAR, FOR THIS LETTER CONTAINS SOME THINGS THAT NO ONE ELSE NEED TO KNOW. JUST YOU." Written on the inside of the first fold of the letter. On the outside of the envelope, however, it said," Do not open until my heir has received it." Meaning no one is to open the letter other than the heir to the will. The only heir to anything in the will, WAS ME.

I feel so strange knowing that someone from my past has gone and reached out to me and given me a home and money to take care of it and the people whom have done so until thus point. I have very little here, and I don't mind leaving this wretched place. They won't even know I am gone until they ring their bell and no one comes to their room with hot eggs and toast. Quite frankly, I don't care.

I saw this as a second chance, a fresh start. I will not be homesick and sad to leave. I will reach for the sky and smile at the faces that great me.

I feel bad, though.

In the article, it said that Madeline's death was unknown. It claimed that no one knew what killed her or cared for her souls peace. She was locked in a tower because her mother had an affair and she was not a pure Locksworth. Meaning, she was not her mother's husbands daughter. She was done wrong and died of an unknown cause. People really forgot about her and treated her horribly.

I hope the people who take care of the place like me. It would be sad to be treated the way Madeline was. I would find no reason to "stay", if you know what I mean, but i am not that kind of person.

" What are you doing!?" My " evil step mother" shouted at me, seeing as I was packing my bags and getting ready to depart.

" I am going home." I replied without looking at her and continued to pack my large bag with the only clothes and items that I had in my possession. I finally looked at her when she slapped me hard across the face with the back of her hand, busting my lip. I looked at her with a WTF expression on my face. I wanted to do worse to her, but I had better thing to do with my time than fighting to stay alive in prison on account of murder in the first offence. I wanted so bad to reach over and grab her hair and twist it in my head and just way-lay on her, but I held back my hatred and smiled and said," You can have your Play-Boy-Bunny get your breakfast for you, Ma'am."

I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I looked back at my room and grabbed a picture I forgot to grab and gently placed it in my pocket. It was a picture of me ( Madeline ).

Oh! How rude of me!? I forgot to tell you my name, I am Victoria Lucklane, named after my Aunt who passed away on the day I was born, not a second before my first cry. My so-called mother has blamed me ever since. She would say," If it where not for you, Victoria would be here right now!" She would scream at me, in her drunken voice, as she would force me to sit on my knees and pick up tiny peaces of broken glass shards. Sometimes they would stick into my legs and I would cry, but I was not aloud to move out of that position. I soon stopped crying for her to help me and started to be smart and pull the peaces glass out of my knees and only cried because of how much it hurt, but I'd cry silently with no emotion in my face. Not even pain shown upon my pale skin. It didn't help that she always had me strip down to my undergarments or wear a really short dress or skirt while cleaning up her broken ~ wasteland of existence ~ bottles of finely aged Vodka which was the most painful of all the tiny shards of glass that ended up in my knees. She only treated me that way because I was different from her "angels". One blind and one with a room of venomous pet snakes and walks around staring at blank space with no emotion in her eyes what-so-ever. Not even when she smiled sweetly.

Sarah is twelve years old and blind. I believe it was do to my mother drinking while she was pregnant with her. Lucy is 10 and creepy, but sweet and loves porcelain dolls and snakes, who I am surprised have not eaten her tiny body, yet. I wish I could take them both with me. More so when Lucy looks me in the eyes and smiles, her innocent two tone colored eyes, one blue and the other blue with a bit of brown, glittering like a spring in June.

Anyway, I was getting ready to leave and my mothers boyfriend comes out of their room half naked and drunk silly. I walked over to Lucy and covered her eyes and hugged her close. I told her," I am leaving and might never come back." I looked her in the eyes and smiled, holding back the tears that threatened to breach the barriers of the flood walls in my eyes. She smiled and nodded that it was okay. I hugged her tightly and than walk out the door after placing a gentle kiss on her and Sarah's forehead.

" Hey get back here, you little B@#%&! You have nowhere to go! What are you going to do? Become a W%$#& on a corner in the drug dealers part of the city!?" My Ex-mother screamed at me as I started to walk in the direction of the bus station. She was so intoxicated that her words were slewed. I just kept walking and didn't pay attention to her. Even when I dodged her bottle she chucked at me.

I made my way to the nearest bus stop and, with some of the money I had saved up, paid for a bus ticket to the airport. I got there and paid for a plane ticket to London, England. Last time I checked the time span of the plane ride, it takes six hours and fifty minutes to get to London from New York City, but I had saved some money and bought myself an MP3 player and put some music on it. That said, I listened to music all the way to London, England, I just had to replay my entire music list about five times.

I got off of the plane and walked to the baggage lane. After I had retrieved my bag and checked the name on the tag, I noticed a person standing by the exit with a sign that had my Last name on it, Lucklane. I walked over to them and smiled in greeting.

" Are you waiting for a Lucklane?" I ask calmly, wondering who notified them I was coming. I needed to know if they were actually here for me, before I asked though. I didn't want to ask them and they not be looking for me.

" Yes, miss. Might that person be you? I was told to meet a Victoria Lucklane here." The man said with a calm smile.

I smiled," Yes, that would be me. Who might you be?" I said still smiling gently at the young stranger.