Sudden Death

Opening her eyes, everything was blurry. Bella blinked several times, trying to regulate her vision. Beside her bed was a silhouette.

"Jake, I love you, I knew you wouldn't leave me" Bella slurred, still groggy from the anesthetics.

"Why didn't you tell me you were engaged Bella?" Edward spoke.

Jerking frightenedly Bella leaned away from the voice. "It was none of your business; plus you were just going to leave again"

"Thats irrelevant"

"You are being a ass Edward, where is Jake why isn't he in here?"

"Carlisle is talking to him." Edward mumbled.

Not believing a word from Edwards mouth Bella began to scream. "JACOB!!! JAKE! JAAAAKE!" Bella yelled over and over while she looked Edward dead in the eye.

A series of crashes could be heard outside in the hall before the door smashed open. Jacob entered the room, 3 security gaurds on his tail. Looking around the room frantically Jake looked deranged from panicking. "Bella whats-" He began before he eyed Edward sitting beside her. "What the hell are you doing in here" Walking over to Bella's bedside he sat beside her and took her uninjured hand. "You need to leave, you are going to stress her out and she just got out of surgery"

Getting to his feet Edward left without another word. Several seconds later Carlisle appeared.

"It looks like the surgery went very well, not much scarring and you should get the use back in about 3 days max." Carlisle informed her. "You can go home whenever you feel up to it, but no driving"

Hearing Carlisle's last words Bella jumped to her feet, stumbling a bit Bella was caught in Jakes arms."You need to be gentle, you're still healing." Jake chastized.

"I just want to go home, please?"

Lifting Bella into his arms Jake carried her from the hospital and down the block to the truck. Getting inside, they drove back home.

"You didn't call my father did you?" Bella asked when they stopped in front of the house and a police cruiser was there.

"No..." Jake replied, "thats not your dads cruiser is it?"

"Yeah, it is"

"I wonder why he is here" Jake said curiously as he got out of the truck and helped Bella into the house.

Walking into the house Bella and Jacob made their way through the house looking for Charlie. They stumbled upon him sitting in the living room looking frightened.

"Dad? Whats wrong?" Bella whispered

Getting to his feet, Charlie moved forward towards Bella. "Renee was in a car wreck, she and Phil are gone"

Bella took several steps back; looking around the room she became dizzy and light headed. The room around her seemed to begin spinning, her body getting warm, finally the anxiety was too much. Fainting Bella collapsed to the floor, Jake catching her quickly before she hit her head.

Laying Bella down on the couch, Jake retrieved a cold rag Jake and placed placed it on her forehead. Sitting down on the arm of the couch Jake looked up to Charlie. "What do you mean, Renee is gone?" Jake asked, gently stroking Bella's hair.

"Apparently Renee and Phil were on their way up to Forks to visit. A semi swerved into their lane and Phil swerved off the road to miss it, they went over the cliff. Their car landed at the bottom of the cliff, exploded on impact; they were DOA." Charlies face turned pink as he held back tears that wanted more than anything to come out.

"Its okay to cry Charlie" Jake said, a tear rolling down his face. Jake remembered the day he lost his mother, Renee treated him like he was her own, she was was like a second mother to him. "Trust me, its okay to cry" Looking down at Bella, Jake felt terrible. Bella would be in so much pain, physically and mentally. He was certain he could help with the physical but the mental pain, she would have to do that herself. "I love you Bella" Jake whispered.