Chapter Fourteen/Epilogue

Grayson.

My thought only consisted around one person.

I should had ran away when I had the chance. I should had made sure Grayson or Ryan couldn't find me.

Grayson didn't deserve this.

A few days passed before Ryan came back to see me.

"What do you want?" I asked facing the wall.

"Katie, we need to talk."

Katie. He never calls me that. I quickly turned toward him and motioned for him to continue.

"You didn't let me finish the story."

"What do you mean?"

"Grayson isn't dead."

What? He's alive.

"What do you mean?"

"He was rushed to surgery but everything went fine. He is in a room a few doors down from you."

"I have- no I need to see him." I said trying to push myself up from the bed.

"No. You aren't allowed to get up without a nurse's supervision."

"Ryan, I have to see him. Please."

"I'll see what I can do." He said as he turned and walked out the door.

Twenty minutes later I was placed in a wheel chair and being wheeled to room 408.

"Grayson." I whispered once I went through the door into the room.

"Hey." He said smiling at me.

He didn't look bad at all. You could hardly tell he had surgery. He stood up and gave me a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay." He said after pulling away.

"No, I'm glad you're okay. I thought you were dead until half an hour ago."

"You can't get rid of me that easily." He said smiling.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

======================

The next day Grayson was discharged from the hospital.

He stayed with me in my room until I was discharged three days later.

The cast on my leg was a burden. I hated every minute I had it on. The doctor said it could come off as soon as four to six weeks.

The bandages around my ribs are another story. I can't make any sudden movements. That's easier said than done.

Once released I went back to Georgia with Grayson. Ryan decided to come that way as well and offered to let me move in with him, however, I wanted to be on my own without Ryan. Grayson said the room I had before was still available so I just went to his house. Once I get back on my feet I hope to get my own house but so far it's nice here with Grayson.

Grayson became my rock. He was everything that I wished I could be. I liked him. I liked everything about him. The way he smiled at the birds when we would sit on the back porch or the little things that he would do for me that just meant the world. However, he just sees me as a friend. I value our friendship more than anything.

For once in my life I don't have to watch behind my back every time I turn around. Grayson and I are finally content.

"Julia, have you ever thought about the future?" Grayson said one night while we were on the swings.

"No, not really."

"I do. I think about all the possibilities and in ever single one I can't picture you not in it."

I looked at Grayson while he looked at me with adoration in his eyes.

Another thing I loved about him. He never judged me. Grayson always allowed me to be me.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying I don't want someone else. I want you."

"What does this mean?"

"We can go the traditional route. Be my girlfriend. Please do me the honor of being my girlfriend. There is nothing I would want more."

Grayson was everything I could ever want. He accepted me for what I was. Even with The Past and Me. He was Grayson and that was enough for me.

========================

Authors Note

Wow. This is it. I have officially finished three books. These books are not the greatest by any means but they are fun to write. Thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your day to read a story that came from my imagination. It's amazing to think that people are reading my stories. Thank you all so much. The ending of this book is kind of up to you. If you want Grayson and Julia (Katie) to be together or if you want them to just stay friends? It's up to you. Thank you guys for staying with this book. Conquering my first year of college while trying to post updates frequently was difficult. I almost gave up on this story. It isn't as good as I hoped it would had been but I hope it is good enough for you. Thank you guys.

-J