starting over

*Unedited*

Drey's POV

I haven't talked to Luke in a year, maybe more. We're not even friends, I don't even follow him on any social media anymore. I used to think of him all the time, but now, I'm engaged to the man of my dreams, Jacob. Why am I thinking of Luke now? Well the reason I'm trying to convince myself of is that I'm wondering whether I should invite him to the wedding. Hopefully if I tell myself that enough, it'll become the truth. I'd like to believe that you have many great loves in your life, but only one soulmate. Jacob is that guy, right? He has to be, he picked me up from the depths of what it was like to be with Luke. Don't get me wrong, dating Luke was wonderful, but it left me in a bad spot.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have reacted to him telling to me effectively fuck off when he was drunk, but what stung the worst was that he didn't even try to fix it or apologize. That's what killed me inside.

I'm gonna invite Luke to the wedding, and not so I can rub my engagement in his face, but ha, who am I kidding? It's so I can rub my engagement in his face. Hopefully his number is still the same.

"Luke?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Hi, it's Andrea."

"Hi."

"Luke, I was just calling because I wanted to send you a save the date."

"Who is getting married?"

"I am, and I wanted you to come."

"What? So you can rub it in my face?"

"No, not that at all. Remember, you're the one who broke up with me."

"I tried to get back together with you, but you never responded."

"Stop lying and just come to the wedding, I want to become friends, for real."

"Just email it to me, I'll try to come. And I'm not lying."

"Yeah, Luke, and I'm not Andrea. Bye, hope to see you at the wedding."

"No, you're not Andrea. You're Drey."

"Not anymore."

"Wait, Andrea."

Why was he still trying to get with me? I've moved on, he needs to. I do hope he comes to the wedding though, maybe he'll even play music for us, free entertainment right?

"Jacob, honey!"

"Yes, babe. What's up?"

"I invited Luke Hemmings to our wedding."

"The Luke Hemmings? How do you know him?"

"We used to date, but we're friends now, and I want him to play music for us."

"That's fine, Andrea, I trust your decisions."

"Thanks, babe. Love you."

"Love you too. Oh, by the way, I found some old letters of yours and you signed them Drey. How cute."

"No, it's not cute. Nobody is allowed to call me Drey."

"Babe, calm down. You obviously used to like it."

"Yes, key word used. It reminds me of bad times, and please don't call me that, Jacob."

"Okay, love."

"Okay."

~~

What? Andrea didn't get Luke's texts. Oops, maybe her phone died ;).

Sorry this chapter is kinda short, but I'm finally back on track, and I have the rest of the story brainstormed and ready to go.

And I wanted to thank sevenplusnico for the cover again, I really love it.

I hope you liked this part. Don't be silent readers, fam.