The Engagement

Ferdinand Araneta POV

Been busy the whole day, right after my son Sandro's proposal to Akie the last two days. Nagprepared ako ng Engagement Party para sakanilang dalawa. The party will be held here in Resort's world Manila. Sandro insisted that it should be solemn and ilan lang daw na malalapit na kaibigan nila at ng pamilya ang imbitado. But i insisted isa ito sa mga pinakamasaya at pinakamagandang parte ng buhay ko bilang isang ama. Ang makita ang isa sa mga anak ko na magsisimulang bumuo ng isang masayang pamilya gaya ko. And i can tell as i can see through Sandro's eyes na mahal na mahal niya talaga ang aking inaanak. That's how true live should be i guess.. even how far you are and no matter how many struggles and obstacles will come on your way as long as your other half is still holding on even you messed up many times. Still love could conquer all. Alam ko na sa panibagong parte ng buhay ng anak kong si Sandro sa pagkakataon na ito ay hindi na ako makikialam dahil alam ko na wala na silang kawala sa isat isa😁 i will just focus on my responsibilities as President. And babantayan ko na din ang lovelife ng dalawa ko pang binata sina Joseph Simon Araneta at William Vincent Araneta. Still i cant believe na mag aasawa na ang Eldest Son ko. Na parang kailan lang buhat buhat ko pa siya sa mga bisig ko, i used to played the flute when he was about to sleep, used to changed his diapers when his mom feel asleep. Then i used to scold him when he was too obsessed on reading books and not paying attention on other kids enjoying. Ngayon magaasawa na ang panganay ko. Napakabilis talaga ng panahon na parang kelan lang nung binilin niya saken na i should look after his fiancee. Parang kelan lang nung magkagulo sa victory party ko. Parang kelan lang nung mawitnessed ko how Sandro been so messed up when Akie gave up on him already and parang kelan lang nung sinabi niya na babalik siya ng london para ayusin ang mga dapay ayusin. Napakabilis talaga ng panahon na hindi mo namamalayan na ang mga taong nakapaligid sayo ay hindi na kagaya ng dati. Isa isa ng nagdatingan ang mga bisita at isa isa na silang bumabati sa akin. At my side was my loving wife Louise who is so gorgeous despite of her age wearing her red filipiñana gown. As i look at the entrance of te function hall there are approaching Vincent and Simon who looks so stunning on their black suit and tie. Maya maya ay nag announce na ang emcee na maupo na ang lahat. And when i scan the place . Parating na ang love birds. SANDRO and AKIE and looking at them. They are indeed totally inlove with each other. As my Sandro escorting his fiancee. Hindi mawala wala ang ngiti sa mga mata ko. Seeing them finally together. Maya maya ay lumapit sila sa amin.
"Good evening mom, dad." Sandro greeted us and kissed on our cheeks.
"Goodevening too son kanina pa namin kayo hinihintay.alam mo naman ang daddy mo sobrang excited mag announce yan" pabiro pang wika ni Louise sa anak. The couple just chuckled.
"Goodevening po ninong, ninang" akela greeted us and kisses on our cheeks.
"Hayyy nakooo iha you should start calling us mom and dad, dba Ferdinand?" Baling ni louise saken.
"Yeah i agreed iha, besides bukod sa pamilya na din naman ang turing namin sayo. Lets make it official calling us dad and mom tutal ikakasal naman na kayo nitong si Sandro ko" nakangiting sabi ko. Then the young lady just smile shyly. Maya maya ay tinawag na ako ng emcee to do the announcement.
"Goodevening ladies and gentlemen. To my fellow friends and family. I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for coming over to witnesses the one of the happiest moment today." Panimula ko while scanning the place and looking for my guest. Makikita sa mukha nila ang saya. Lalo na ng pamilya ko. Sina Sandro at Akie who has been so sweet the moment they entered the place.
"Being a father of three has been a great honor to me and seeing them growing and taking their responsibilities as an adult was one of the things i am so proud of. And now that my eldest Son Ferdinand Alexander Araneta" minwestra ko ang aking kamay sa pwesto ni Sandro na agad naman ngumiti.
"Now that he will be taking his next journey as a husband to my dearest God Child AkelaAshkeen De Vera. I am too grateful that just like God send Louise to be my other half. Im glad that Sandro have found his missing piece. And that is you Akie.iha." i look to Akie and smiled. She smiled too.
"And now ladies and gentlemen i would like to formally announce the Engagement of my eldest Son FERDINAND ALEXANDER ARANETA III to my Godchild. AKELA ASHKEEN DE VERA. let us wish them a good and happy life as an engaged couple and soon to be MR.and MRS. ALEXANDER ARANETA.let's cheers to that! " 🍸🍸🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹🍴🍴
and then the party Dj played the song "GOD GAVE ME YOU By: BRIAN WHITE."

For all the times I felt cheated, I complained
You know how I love to complain
For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame
I still cursed that rain
I didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue
Then out of the blue
🎼🎶🎵
God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you
🎼🎶🎵
For all the times I wore my self pity like a favorite shirt
All wrapped up in that hurt
For every glass I saw, I saw half empty
Now it overflows like a river through my soul
From every doubt I had, I'm finally free
I truly believe
🎻🎷🎺🎶
God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you
🎻🎼🎸
In your arms I'm someone new
With ever tender kiss from you
Oh, must confess
I've been blessed
🎶🎵🎼
God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
(Didn't know why)
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you
(I finally do, God gave me you)

God gave me you 🎵🎶🎶