Chapter Thirty One

I handed Gabriel a towel to wipe the water of his hair and skin.

"Seriously,what happened earlier?"I asked.

''Betty planned on going under the ocean.You know,planning on drowning herself.I quickly ran to her and stopped her,"he explained.

The way he told me what happened made my chest hurt.He was like so concerned about Betty.He even forgot that I'm his fiancee' even thought it's just fake.Though it still hurts.

"Hey,I was thinking,"I asked,"W-when are we going to get married?"

We both looked at each other.He was kind of shocked on what I asked.

"L-let's not talk about it now,"he answered firmly.

Once he said that,I felt like my heart was breaking.

"A lot of things are happening so it might be best to put that case aside for now,"he added while leaving the room.

He shut the door loudly making me jump.Why?Why did he said that?Is it because he loves Betty again?I thought that if I ask him this,he would brainstorm if when or what date but ti turned out,he would leave the room.
It wasn't quite what I expected to happen..That's why I'm disappointed..and somehow,hurt...

All of a sudden,noticed that tears were rolling down my cheeks.I didn't realized that I was already crying once he left.

When did he become like this?

Then,a knock on the door surprised me which made me wipe my tears quickly.

"W-who is it?"I asked.

"It's me,Mark.You okay?"

"Oh,yes.Why wouldn't I be?"I replied.

"Don't know.Hey could you open the door?It's really hard to carry this stuff,"he said.

Curious of what he was carrying,I opened the door.To my surprise,he was carrying a bouquet of different kinds of flowers with chocolates and a hot coffee.

"Wow.."was all I could say.

"Uh-huh,"he replied while entering the room.

"Okay,what's all this?"I asked,closing the door.

"I know that you feel a little bit hurt about that incident earlier so I asked grandma to make her special hot coffee--,"he pointed at the coffee,"--and bought a very delicious chocolate--"he gestured at the heart-shaped box,"--and lastly this,"he handed me the flowers.

It made me smile,"Thanks.It was really nice of you."

"I know,I know.I'm really cool.I am such a gentleman,"he said.

I frowned at him,"Your not a gentleman."

He stick his tongue at me.

I rolled my eyes at him,"Whatever."

                                                        ********************************

"Thanks again for the things you brought.Tell Jenny thanks too!!"I waved as Mark walked away.

Thanks to him forgot a little about what Gabriel said.

Suddenly,my phone rang.

    ~Margo calling~

I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Oh,thank goodness you answered.I've been calling you a thousand times!!"she panicked.

"Margo,calm down.What is it?Is everything all right?"

"Wait,let me rest for a bit.I'm a little tired of all that running,"she panted.

"Margo,what's going on there?Tell me quickly,"I commanded.

"Okay..Wait a sec.I'm a little tired."

"Why did you run anyway?"

"I'm actually outside the hospital because I didn't got a signal from inside."

"Hospital?Why are you there.Don't tell me mom--"she cut me off.

"NO!!Well,it's actually much worse than that.."she mumbled.

"Margo..."

"MOMHASANOTHERGUY!!!"she quickly said.

"What?!I can't understand you.Say it slower!!"I demanded.

"MOM.HAS.ANOTHER.GUY!!"

My eyes widened and my phone dropped.

"Hello?Sis?SIS!!!"Margo yelled.

"Mom has..another guy..?"I mumbled.