•1•Dean•

"John!" Her high pitched laugh filled my ears and I growled slightly as I watched the man in the ridiculously colored shirt pick up up the number one contender for the new women's championship.

"I'm proud of you baby girl." He said to her and the sound of a quick kiss filled the small, quite area and it was enough to make me loose my breakfast, lunch, and whatever else I had consumed throughout the course of the day.

"Congratulations Nikki." Roman, who was standing beside me, said to her while giving her a weak smile.

"Thank you Roman." She said with a laugh as she passed us, then her eyes landed upon me. Something in them changed, almost as if she feared me, but she still managed to give a smile, "Hey Dean."

I simply stared at her as Cena continued to drag her on through the hallway.

'Stop fucking smiling.' I growled inside of my head as I watched her walk away.

I hated it when she did that, I really did, judge me if you like, but I hated her for that.

Why is she smiling? There's nothing to smile about. So what she's number one contender, she won't win it back, and if Vince does decide to let her win, she'll just lose the title again, probably to rookie straight out of NXT, just how she did the first time.

Oh the truth has such a bitter taste that I've learned to fucking deal with.

Seconds later, a retired Brie Bella came dragging her feet through the hallway, along side of her husband, Daniel Bryan. They both wore sad expressions of wanting to be in the ring as they watched the other couple happily walk ahead of them.

I stiff a laugh and glance around the different people in the room and observe each one of there auras.

Paige stood far off in the corner, glaring at anyone who dared to try to start a conversation with her. I don't blame her. If I were to be the one who barley got matches anymore and couldn't even comprehend my characters role, I'd be pissed as well.

Becky Lynch stood far off behind a few boxes and crates, watching some of the other divas walk around and gossip, none of them inviting her along with them.

Roman was standing next to me, but only his body was here. His mind was probably over 700 miles away in Pensacola, Florida, where his daughter was staying with her mother, his ex. I knew not seeing her in these past six or so months got to him.

There was me. Well aren't I a charity case?

Towards my left and a little down the hallway sat a injured, yet didn't really seem 'injured' Seth Rollins. He quietly watched the television over head with a frown. Having sat out since like, November is probably pretty tough, and I would feel bad for him.... If I actually cared.

Continuing down the hallway were several other Superstars that sat quietly, either too focused on things inside this building or problems outside of it, except, the the two at the very end, who's laugh would ring out every could of seconds in attempt to brighten the room as through they were the sunlight of our lives.

'No.' I glared at them. Nikki laughed and turned her head in my direction to see my expression, then stopped mid laugh.

I only glared harder at her while I saw Cena ask her the question 'what's wrong'. She only shook her head and turned her attention back to him.

"Ambrose." One of the refs said as they walked over to me, "Your segment with Jericho is up next."

I sighed but made my way to the gorilla. At least I could give this idiot a piece of my mind.