"What can I say? I'm just that good." Rose looked over to him, glaring at his arrogance, but he didn't pay her any mind.

The woman at the desk handed Ian a slip of paper, as well as a pamphlet. "Fill out this application and look over the pamphlet to see what you think your role should be in this group." Ian thanked her as he took the items and walked to the black and velvet-red seat against the wall. Rose sat beside him.

As he filled out the application, Rose looked over the leaflet. "Wow. I had no idea that there were different types of healers."

"There is?" Ian asked.

"Yes, by the looks of it. According to this, each element aside from the Air Elementals are able to use their power to mend a different type of wound, though the type varies. Fire Elementals can use fira to stop bleeding, Nature Elementals can- wow!"

"Wow? What's wow?"

"Nature Elementals can use their power to heal toxins and burns. I didn't know that. Maybe I should look into learning how to heal."

"Maybe you could ask the person at the desk. I'm sure she could give you pointers if you say that you're dating me."

"I'd rather tell the truth, if it's all the same to you," Rose retorted with a droll stare.

"It may not be true now, but it will be," he answered in a deep voice.

"Really. And what makes you think that?"

"Because you're still wearing my jacket." Flushed, she scoffed as she threw the jacket off of her and into Ian's face. "I'm just saying," he said after he pulled the jacket from his face.

Rose huffed and frowned. "You just focus on filling out the application."

"I don't know," he shrugged, "having your beauty here is kind of distracting me."

She angrily stood up. "Fine. Then I'll take my leave."

"Wait, wait, wait," Ian asked as he stood and grabbed her hand. "It was just a joke. I'm just... nervous, is all. I need to do something to take my mind off of what I'm doing."

Still glaring at Ian, she huffed before she sat back beside him, her arms crossed over her chest. "Don't think that I'll still allow you to make advances with me."

"I know, I know," he sighed as he started back on his application. "What about Spirit? What can they heal?"

Rose scanned the pamphlet. "It says here that Spirit Elementals can heal some mental and physical problems, like confusion and fatigue. Oh, there's a warning. 'Any and all Amians who attempt to use their element for healing should do so under supervision.' I wonder why?"

"Probably because the element can backfire or something. You know, like if fira doesn't heal, and instead burns the person. Just a guess, though," Ian shrugged as he finished up his application. Easy part's down. He gulped before standing up, prompting Rose to follow.

He felt like he was back outside looking at the intimidating building. It was too late to back out now. Their footsteps echoed through the wide open room, each footstep making his heart beat uncomfortably in his chest as they drew closer and closer to the reception desk. Why was he so afraid? This was what he wanted after all. If they rejected him now, it would've been because he was still a new student, and he'd be able to know firsthand what they were looking for. He supposed that the real reason that he was panicking so much was because of Rose. He believed that she would think less of him if he'd fail with her watching. After sighing, he was beginning to think that having her follow would do more harm than good.

"Do you think you're ready?" the receptionist's voice broke him out of his thoughts. He refocused back to the world with a start as the receptionist held out her hand to receive the papers. Hesitantly, he passed her the application.

She scanned it for a while; the room was so quiet, he could swear that he could hear his heart pounding if it wasn't for the clock ticking behind the desk. Seconds began to feel like hours as she flipped the paper around. After what felt like eons, she finally said, "Alright, now I'll go over the stables. It says here that you're a Water Elemental, correct?" Ian nodded. "With Water Elementals, there are two different types of groups. First, there is the healer faction. Of course, you should know what that faction is for. They simply use their elemental power to heal, and whatnot. Then there's the assassin union." Ian's eyes widened at the name, though the receptionist didn't seem to pay attention. "These are Amians who specialize in speed and concealment, and use their ice abilities to forge weapons or mist to hide in. They also can turn themselves into mist, or even use it to freeze targets. Those, however, are more advanced techniques."

"That's the one that I want to try out for," Ian interjected. "The assassin union."

The woman grinned. "I suspected that you would. Both your grandfather and your uncle showed interest purely on it. However, since it requires swift strikes, your primary weapon will have to be changed to a katana. You can still keep your current weapon, but I really wouldn't recommend it.

"The test will take place a week from now." Ian grimaced, but she added, "It would've been today, but we're a bit shorthanded from the recent attacks."

"So, in other words, I was woken up for no reason." Ian could feel Rose's glare.

"I-I didn't know that I wouldn't take the test today," he cried.

The receptionist snickered behind the desk.