Two Lovebirds

Adrien sighed dreamily all throughout the day, occasionally glancing at his phone and out the window. In his mind, he kept picturing the cute, blue-haired beauty, Marinette. He sighed again, for what seemed like the millionth time to Nino, his coworker.

Ah, Marinette. That's such a pretty name. Almost as pretty as the girl herself... Oh! That's a good one! Totally using it the next time I see her.

Assuming he saw her again, that is. He had given her his phone number, but he had no idea if she actually saw or cared. Nino was fed up with all the sighing and absentmindedness; he had long ago sent his friend to work in the back, seeing as how he couldn't seem to focus on the cash register or the costumers.

Near the end of their shifts, when they were packing and closing up the shop, Nino approached Adrien with a smirk. Adrien eyed him in suspicion.

"So... What's gotten you all mopey today? Wait, don't tell me, let me guess!" Nino pondered for a moment. "OH! IT WAS A GIRL, WASN'T IT?!"

He blushed furiously, quickly looking away and hoping that his friend didn't catch it. He did.

"OH, IT SO WAS!!" he yelled in triumph, grabbing his head with his arm and ruffling his blond hair.

He pulled away, face on fire.

"Ni-no," he whined, "stoooop."

"Oh, come on, dude! What's she like? What's her name? Give me something to go on, bro!"

Adrien rubbed the back if his neck, his face still red with a heated blush.

"Her name's Marinette," he muttered.

Nino's eyes widened in surprise, happiness, and mischief.

"I know her," he said slyly.

"You do?!" Adrien gaped at his friend in excitement.

"Oh yeah. My girlfriend's her BFF. But I'm not gonna say anything, you're just going to have to find out yourself."

"Nino! Please!"

"No can do, dude! Alya would kill me!"

"But Ni-nooo-"

"But Nino no. Find her yourself, man! It'll all pay off, trust me," he winked.

Adrien sighed, sagging in defeat.

"Fine. Can you at least tell me her phone number?"

"Nope! Gotta get it yourself!"

"...I hate you."

"Love you too, bro."

*****************************************************

"I can do this," Marinette breathed, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. Letting it out again, she opened her eyes, stepping forward to tap on the window of the coffee shop, where she could see Adrien talking to Nino.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he worked here too.

Adrien jumped, whirling around while Nino laughed at his reaction. She giggled, waving her hand a little. He rushed over, opening the door for her.

"H-hey!" he greeted.

"Hi," she giggled again, his face going even redder at the sound.

Oh gosh, this actually might be even easier than I thought.

"I was wondering if you'd like to talk sometime? Just the two of us?" she suggested. It was getting increasingly easier to interact with him, seeing him blush. It was so cute when his face went all red!

His eyes lit up with joy.

"Yeah! I-I mean, of c-course I would!" he replied with a slight stutter. "Would t-tomorrow work? During my lunch b-break?"

"Sure! Where?"

"Oh, um, the park? We could, ah, have a picnic, i-if that's alright," he rubbed the back of his neck, flustered, looking everywhere but her face.

"Works for me!" she exclaimed with a bright, happy smile.

"Great!" he met her eyes, which were twinkling. "I h-have to go now, I-I'll see you then?"

"Yep! B-bye!"

As Adrien left, walking backwards a little to watch her, he waved. She waved back, giggling. Nino walked up with a smirk.

"He has fallen so hard for you," he remarked.

"And I for him," Marinette sighed dreamily.

"You two lovebirds were literally made for each other," he snorted. "But hey, you really held up. Put on a strong face, huh? Alya's work, right there."

"Wha? Oh, yeah. The only reason I wasn't stuttering or blubbering like he was is because he was blushing the whole time. Now I'm melting into mush."

"I figured. Plan's working perfectly, by the way. I bet you two will be holding hands and feeding each other by next week."

"Nino!" she glared at him, now blushing harder than Adrien had been.

"Oh, come on, I know you want to," he snickered.

"NINO!"