• Chapter Two •

A slam echoed down the street as Shawn slammed his car door shut, the lopsided grin that had made its home on his face still shining full force. Who could blame him, though? He'd had a great night.

"Aaliyah Parker," he mumbled to himself with a chuckle. She was something alright. Definitely not what he had been expecting.

Humming to himself, he made his way towards his apartment building with, dare he say it, a skip in his step. Pulling his keys from his pocket, he unlocked the doors to the building, brusquely making for the elevator.

Although it pained him to admit it, his sister had come through for him and as much as he'd love to skirt around how well the date had gone, he knew she'd see straight through him. Perks of being a twin and all. A lighthearted curse escaped him as the elevator buzzed and the doors slid open to his floor.

Crossing the vacant hall, he made his way to the door of the apartment he shared with his sister, inserting the keys and twisting the door open.

"Hey, Cy. I'm..." his voice trailed off as he flicked on the main light of the apartment, "...home."

Almost instantaneously, he noted the eerie calm of the apartment. A shudder wracked through his body as he traced his hands up and down his arm to ward off the goosebumps that had suddenly risen onto the surface of his skin.

Something was off.

Call it what you will, intuition, a sixth sense, but every fibre of his being was screaming at him that something was horribly wrong.

Noting the lights from the kitchen spilling out into the main foyer, he gradually made his way towards the kitchen, his legs beginning to quake in trepidation.

Calm down, Shawn, he mentally reprimanded himself as he sucked in a deep breath. You're overreacting. It's probably nothing.

Yet all semblance of calm abandoned him as he entered the kitchen and his eyes connected with the vibrant rouge pooled on the kitchen floor. Shards of glass were littered across the kitchen floor, some finding themselves drowning in the liquid. Hardly a meter away from the clutter, a phone he quickly realized to be his sister's lit up alerting him that she had received a text message.

As the screen flashed, Shawn's eyes honed in on a piece of folded paper by the phone. Careful to avoid the wreckage on the floor, he stretched a trembling hand out, timidly unfolding the paper in his hands.

The note contained only two words, but the magnitude of the two words were enough to send him crashing backwards to the ground, tossing the note to the floor as if it had burned him.

Written across the paper in horridly familiar scrawl were the words:

"I'M HOME."

- - -

[A/N]: And there's chapter two! Aaah now the fun really begins! *cue evil laughter* But FOREAL I'm so excited to write this story!

Leave your thoughts in the comment section below! And drop a vote if you liked it ^_^

Charlise | Chez