Chapter 8

I woke up with a throbbing head. Damn. What happened? I looked at my surroundings and I noticed I am in my room, lying down in my bed. With a male body beside me. With a guy. With a guy?

"Ahh!" I shrieked, my heart jumping out of my chest.

"What the fuck!" The man shouted, hurriedly getting out of my bed. "Damn it, Reagan. Why do you have to shout like that?"

"Xander." I stated in a shaky voice, propping myself up. "Well if you have a stranger's body sleeping beside you, won't you do the same?"

"I won't shout like a fucking horror actress!" Xander accused. "And am I a stranger to you? Last time I checked, we are friends!"

Friends? I don't really consider him as my friend. Acquaintance, probably. But we're not that close yet. "Are we?" I asked. Something flashed in his eyes and his jaw tightened.

"I'm out of here." He yelled angrily. He walked away from me and twisted the door knob to open it, "About the project, those answers were enough. Let's not ask each other again." And with that, he shut the door with a loud thump.

Is he on his period? What the hell is his problem? That bastard. I wince at the pain in my temple. Ugh. What happened last night? We were just working on project when I remembered something. Right! Those flashbacks. I already had two flashbacks. Am I starting to remember something?

I looked at my clock and realized that I am two hours late for school, and so is Xander. I'll probably show up at lunch.

~.~

I snuck up at our table without my friends knowing. They were eating and laughing at Jason's joke. Suddenly I shouted, "Anyone gonna tell me what happened?"

All of them turned to face me, shock is visible in their faces. I fought the urge to laugh. "What?" I asked.

"Reagan!" All of them shouted in unison.

"Thank goodness, you're here!" Jillian exclaimed, in which I smiled in response.

"Are you alright, Ria?" Nate asked, concern in his eyes.

"I told you not to call me that." I frowned. "A thousand times." I emphasized.

"Well, your reaction is adorable." Nate explained. "Are you going to answer my question or not?"

I rolled my eyes, butterflies in my stomach. "Except for a headache, I'm pretty much alright."

Nate frowned. "You should've rested at home."

"Well, I can't get answers if I stay at home." I answered.

"What answers?" Kelly asked.

"What happened last night? Was I drunk? Did something bad happened? Why am I having a headache? Why is Xander in my bed awhile ago?" I asked.

"Damn, that's a lot of questions." Jason stated.

"Xander could've answered those questions. Why didn't you ask him?" Jillian asked. "And I won't forget the last question. Xander's in your bed?"

"We'll talk about that later." I told Jillian. "Anyway, Xander is having mood swings. So when I asked him, he told me to fuck off and ask you guys."

"That's another side of Xander we don't know. He rarely gets mad at us." Alex stated. "Why is he angry?"

"That" I sighed. "I cannot tell you."

"Why the hell can't you tell us?" Jillian asked, frowning.

"There are issues between the two of us." I explained. "Anyway, can guys give me some answers already?"

"You fainted." Jason said simply.

My mouth formed an 'o' shape. "I did?"

Nate nodded. "What's strange is that you don't have a fever or anything that could cause you to faint." Nate explained.

"You're not sick, are you?" Jillian asked, and I shook my head.

"You should still be careful with your health. Jillian called us that's why we visted. We left in the dawn. But Xander and Jillian stayed behind." Kelly told me. "Anyway, care to tell us why Xander is in your bed?" Kelly asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I can't tell them that Xander lives with me. I don't want them to know that I'm living with that bastard. Jillian knows he lives with me but she knows that we have separate room. I looked at Jillian for help but instead of helping me she just cheered, "Yeah, tell us!", oblivious to the fact that I'm panicking.

"N-nothing happened. He... was just sleeping beside me." I explained.

Jillian seemed to pick up my anxious vibe since she decided to save me, "Xander and I decided that we'll be sleeping in two separate rooms in Reagan's house. But Reagan held Xander's hand and told him to stay." Jillian lied with a perfect poker face that can convince anyone that she's saying the truth.

I did not, I wanted to shout but Jillian gave me a glare that says 'Just go with it' so I just shut up. And for the record, Jillian was not sleeping in my house. She probably left after a while staying there.

"Oh my gosh!" Kelly squealed like a little girl which caused Jason to wince. "That's so romantic."

"It is not!" I yelled, blushing. "I was probably too dizzy to recognize Xander and thought he was Jillian." I lied.

"She's right, guys." Nate said in a firm voice. "Let's not tease the girl."

I smiled at him but he avoided my eye and continued to eat his lunch. My heart hurts at his sudden gesture but I just let it go.