Beast Within KH/FF

Well my inspiration for this is Dungeon Hunter 3 & 4, but I came up with the plot in US History one day. I don't know if I'll keep up with the updates on this, I can barely do it on my other story. But I just really wanted to get this out on some..paper.... well let me know what you think, its a bit rough, but whatever! :)

*********************

The young girl quickly ran through the dark forest, escaping the danger behind her. Her little feet made no sound and were quick and nimble like a cat's. As she looked behind her, she fell to her knees. Scrambling back onto her feet, she breathed deeply then continued her run to escape.

Even at a young age, she could feel the ominous air that surrounded her. She continued running as fast as her tiny legs could carry her.

She was starting to slow down against her will. She finally collapsed onto the ground in a heap of tangled hair and tattered clothes. She took a look around and saw the tall, dark, twisted trees that surrounded her along with their dismantled branches on the ground. The ground itself was covered with a mixture of dirt and sharp rocks sprinkled within the area. The only thing she could hear was the distant cries of a destroyed village, the one she called home.

The young girl sat there for a little longer, glancing in the direction she came from, searching for anyone or anything that was trying to capture her. She didn't know what fate her family face, she was just a child who listened to her parents when they say. Even if she was told to run and not come back.

A lonely tear escaped her eye and trailed down her cheek. Though young, she was taught how to survive. She knew she needed to keep going until she was out of the dangerous forest.

She slowly climbed back up to her feet, one hand on a tree to help her balance. Once upright, she took a step on shaky legs. She took another unstable step and almost fell. Soon she was starting to walk, but at a slow pace.

She decided to follow the small, fast running stream, just as her father advised her to do if she was ever lost in a forest. He told her she had a higher chance of finding people that way.

She continued at the slow pace until she heard an all to familiar growl. It was still distant but she knew what that meant. They were coming. She picked up her pace on tired legs and continued her path along the fast flowing stream.

After a few minutes, she fell to the ground once again. This time, she didn't move, her hair sticking to her wet face. She heard the growls coming closer. She quickly looked around for any cover and her eyes landed on a bush not too far away. She crawled on her hands and knees until she reached it and hid in it.

The growls came closer with every breath she took. She peeked through the leaves and saw what she feared the most. She saw them, demons. The ones that were in front of her she recognised as Hunds.

They looked like normal black dogs except for their devilish, red eyes and their abnormally elongated claws and teeth. The fact that their was nearly a dozen and half of them were Fire Hounds scared her immensely. Fire Hunds had fire running in their veins and it showed by the flames that engulfed their legs.

The girl tried to hold her breath they wouldn't here her loud, ragged breathing. The dog like creatures sniffed at the air and ground, searching for any escaped villagers.

There was a quiet snap of a broken twigs and the Hounds immediately ran towards it, leaving the girl far away from them. The girl waited until she saw the light of their flames fade into the distance. She crawled out of the bush and continued to walk the path of the stream. She slowly lifted her small head up to the sky and saw the full moon shining bright, and casting an eerie glow in the forest.