Space Oddity

Picture is of Calum and Adam :)

"Stella Marie Barker, you little fucking shit! Get over here so I can hug you right now!"

I danced out of Eloise's open arms, squealing with laughter as she chased me around the hall. I narrowly avoided colliding into Evan's drum set and reached the stage, extending my hand for Pete to grab me and hoist me up. He had just gripped onto my wrist when El tripped over some loose wire and went crashing to the floor.

"Eloise," he yelped, hopping from the stage and letting me fall flat on my ass. I let out a dramatic sigh and whined in annoyance when nobody came over to help me. I arched my back so I could see Pete pulling El into a rib-crushing hug and I felt myself smirk. The smirk quickly vanished though, when she pulled back, grabbed his face in both her hands and snogged him in front of us all. Josh wolf whistled just as Ross and Evan almost collapsed laughing at the look on Pete's face. El finally pulled away, looking straight at me and mouthing the word "dare."

Fuck, I completely forgot about the little dares we'd arranged a few weeks ago. I groaned, and rubbed at my eyes. There was no way in hell I was acting like a little possessive fangirl now, especially not after spending the last two days with the lads. Whatever, I could lose a dare just this once.

"Need a hand, Stelly Welly?"

I peeked up through my fingers and almost yelped in excitement when I saw my two boys standing above me, their hands outstretched to help me up. I didn't know whether I wanted to hug them or kick them, so I compromised and pulled them both down to the floor with me, wrapping my arms around their necks and half strangling them to death.

"I. hate. you. so. damn. much" I said between kisses that I planted all over Adam's face as he wiggled to get out from under me.

"Oi! Stop harrassing my...him" Calum trailed off, glancing awkwardly at Adam before letting out a nervous chuckle. "You need to save some for me, Stel!"

I laughed, wrapping my legs around Cal's waist and burrowing my face in his neck, breathing in his woodsy smell. I know I was supposed to be pissed at him or whatever. I should've been pissed at Adam too for still hanging out with Cal even after what he did to me. But I couldn't help myself. I'd missed my friends.

"I was so worried about you" Cal whispered, rubbing warm circles into my back. "I always worry about you."

It was the first I'd heard of it but it sounded sincere. So I decided to just let the moment play out, feeling my heartbeat slow down against his. There was an awkward cough above us and I lighlty shushed whoever it was, never wanting to move. But no such luck.

"Sorry Stella but we need to finish setting up." Ross said, and I instantly sat up, having completely forgotten where I was. "The gigs in like two hours and we need a soundcheck so..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, causing his Ray Bans to fall from his head on to his nose.

I grinned. "You want us to leave?"

"No! Well kind of...just for like an hour. You can start taking pictures for your project during the soundcheck if you want?"

"Cool," I said, standing up and wiping down the back of my pants. "We'll go get something to eat. I'm starved."

"What's new?" Adam sneered and I stuck my tongue out at him.

Ross pulled me into a quick hug as I went to walk past him, resting his chin on top of my head. I could feel his eyes burning holes into Calum's back and I found myself stiffling a giggle. Instead, I twisted my head and leaning against his shoulder, I placed a kiss on the exposed skin between his collarbone and neck. I felt him shiver slightly and I stepped back from him, giving him a small wave before running after my friends.