Rain drops Chapter I

(Song to listen to while reading: Tristram and bracken-frame of mind to Jonah Wei-hass piano cover)

The rain poured from the grey sky. Puddles formed in dips in the paths stones. The grass was soggy and muddy, people had long since left the small, partly flooded park in favour for the dry cover and warmth of buildings. The entire landscape including the towering buildings of glass and steal that rose up on either side of the small boxed in park.
The only dry thing was the man sitting at the bench that over looked the park and empty road. The only thing noteworthy was the smudged skin make up around his eyes, barely noticeable. A black umbrella in his hands he sat stiff in his seat, staring up at the shrouded sky. His hair was plastered to his face as it was just peeking out from the protection of his umbrella's rim. A young lady about his age his age slumped down onto the park bench on the other side, soaking in the heavy, fat rain drops.
The man turned around and blinked, he had expected solitude on a day such as this. He peeked out at her from behind his wet bangs and she turned to look at him, blinking in confusion.

"Do you need something?"

He shook  his head and turned away to watch the glistening rain fall off the lip on his umbrella and fall to the stones below.
He stopped when he felt a pair curious eyes on him. He turned to see the girl staring at him. He hadn't really taken her in before but know he took a closer look at her. She had a round, yet attractive face. Emerald eyes met his glowing royal purple ones. Her pink hair plastered her pale face and she peered out from under her bangs to carefully observe his face.

Silently he reached over and handed her his umbrella, relishing in the cold of the wet droplets hitting his face.
She stared momentarily at the umbrella, then at him, then back to the umbrella. Like she haven't fully grasped the concept yet. She shook her head, turning his offer but he shrugged. He was wet now anyway. She may as well take it now.
She realised this and slowly, cautiously took the umbrella from his hand and sighed. She looked up at the clouded sky and smiled slightly. Her lips moved up slowly and her eyes crinkled up. She wasn't grinning but it was a smile all the same.

He couldn't take his eyes if her, for some reason he was intrigued by this strange lady. He watched the rain bounce off the umbrella and onto her thin nose which - just like his had been - was poking out of the umbrella.
He tore his glance away and looked back up at the darkened heavens and the overhanging pine tree branches that reached out at the sky, as if trying to ensnare the darkened clouds.

He sighed and closed his eyes, letting rain rundown his face and fall to the soaking grass below. His makeup was streaming down his face in the streaming rain, half revealing scarring veins that married his otherwise clean face. The strange veins grew out from his eyes, glowing slightly in the darkening sky, barley illuminating his pale face.

He ignored the girl next to him and let his body relax in the icy cold rain. His surreal glow dimmed slightly in the avalanche of glimmering droplets.
The two of them sat in silence. Strangers, yet not quite. Letting the rain bounce of them in shimmering gems they let the rain continue, relishing in the rain drops.