Chapter XVI//Familair Faces

"Ugh, I'm so tired!" I said as I sat down on the middle seat of the plane. Aphmau sat near the window and my dad and Cadenza sat across from us. I yawned and so did she.

"I'm sleepy, Laur." Aph said. She snuggled up next to me with droopy eyes.

"I am too. It's midnight after all." I said putting my arm around her. She sighed cutely and the plane soon started to move. It drove around for a bit until it got on the runway. That's when it got faster and faster getting ready to take off.

"Oh, I hate this part." Aphmau said quietly. She buried her face in my shoulder and I pulled her closer.

Soon the plane took off and we were in the air. I looked out the window and watched as the Earth below us got smaller and smaller and farther and farther away from us. When we finally got up into the clouds, I heard faint snoring from my left. Aphmau had fallen asleep.

Heh, she looks so adorable when she sleeps.

I smiled and grabbed a blanket from my backpack and wrapped it around us. I kissed her forehead and eventually I fell asleep too and dreamed about Aphmau.

~•~•~

"Oh my Irene!" I said. "We're finally here!" I flopped onto the hotel room bed. I was half asleep and would fall asleep any second. I notice Cadenza run strait towards the second room. I'm guessing she was really tired as well. My dad was still on the bottom floor probably getting our bags and stuff.

"Wow look at this place!" Aphmau said. She looked out the window and noticed how high up we were. "Look at the view! I can see Disneyland from here! Wow, the ferris wheel is so bright! Heh!" She walked back over to the bed. "I'm going to get get some coffee, sleepy. Want any?" She asked. But before I could make out what she said, my world turned to a black abyss.

~•Aphmau's POV•~

Aww, I guess Laurance fell asleep! Heh, I guess I'm only getting coffee for me then. I laughed at Laurance and kissed his forehead. I then grabbed the room key and left the hotel room to get my coffee.

I yawned and stretched as I walked over to the coffee shop. There was literally know one there! Well, beside the one employee and this one blondy also getting coffee. Hm. Blondy. Reminds me of...Garroth? When he turned around, I saw his face. It was uncomfortably familiar. His eyes widened when he saw me. Blue eyes. It was Garroth. For sure. I let out a small yelp.

"A-Aphmau? What are you doing here?" He asked. I backed up frightened. "And why do you look...fat?"

DID HE JUST CALL ME "FAT"!?

"HEY! I'M NOT FAT, I'M PREG- NEVER MIND!"

"Huh? Were you just about to say pregnant?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and blushed.

"Why are you here, Garroth?" I said in a mean tone.

"O'khasis Prep is on fall break right now so I'm on vacation with my NEW girlfriend." He bragged. Pfft, I doubt he has a new girlfriend. NO ONE would want to date that guy.

"I see. Well I'm also on vacation with my NEW boyfriend!"

"Hm, And who may THAT be?"

"I'll tell you in your dreams, Ro'meave." I sassed him.

"Hmph, be that way. I really don't care anyway." He paused. "Wait, is is...Laurance!? I swear, if you say yes..."

"So what if it is? Love is love."

"Gah, whatever. I don't care. I'll see you around, I guess."

"Haha, no. I'm not going to look at your ugly face again." He growled.

"I'm going to my hotel room." I glared at him as he grabbed his coffee. He bumped into me on purpose and left. I rolled my eyes and got my coffee.

~•Laurance's POV•~

I woke up to the sound of the door slam. I yawned and turned my head to see who it was. It was Aphmau and it looked like she wasn't in a good mood. She sighed in an angry manner and sat down on the bed.

"Aph, are you okay?" I asked in a tired way. She looked down and mumbled cuss words to herself.

"Did something happen?"

"Ugh, Garroth is here!" She said quietly while slamming her face into a pillow. I lied down beside her.

Wait, did she just say GARROTH was here!?

"H-He is? At the Disneyland hotel? Wow...do you think he'll attempt to steal you from me?" She laughed historically.

"Ha, not in a million years! And besides, he said he had a girlfriend."

"I'm sure he's lying just to make you jealous." I said with a smirk. I got closer until we were sharing her pillow.

"Well then he's doing a REALLY bad job at it."

"Yeah, and besides, I won't let anyone steal you from me." I cuddled up next to her to comfort her. She blushed and turned to face me.

"Heh, aww. I love you." She bluntly kissed me. It was a passionate kiss. I put my arms around her kissing back. I broke apart for a few seconds to say, "I love you too." Then I got back to kissing her.

Mid kiss, Aphmau fell asleep. I pulled away opening my eyes and chuckled. I pulled up the blanket and fell asleep with her.

~•~•~

I woke up to the sound of sobbing. I worriedly sat up to see what was going on. I noticed it was Aphmau but she was still asleep. Was she having a nightmare? Wow, then it must be horrible.

"Sh-She's having a nightmare..." I said. I leaned over her and kissed her cheek.

Suddenly she jolted awake crying like mad. She covered her face as she sobbed. I got in front of her and hugged her. She buried her face in my chest and held me tight.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay. I'm here, shh." I stroked her hair. She tried to speak but she choked on her sobs. "I'm right here..." She hugged me tighter and slightly calmed down.

"Tell me what happened." I said kindly.

"Y-You w-were sh-sh-shot a-and I had o-our b-b-baby b-but she was t-taken a-and I had t-to w-watch y-you die." her voice quivered as she spoke and my shirt was drenched from her tears. I decided to take it off.

"Th-That's horrible..." I said quietly.

"I-I-I w-was c-certain i-it w-wasn't a d-dream." She said, crying into my chest.

"Shh, calm down. You'll be alright. Me and the baby are fine." I said still stroking her hair. I lifted up her chin so our eyes could meet. Hers were red from crying. I leaned in closer until our lips met. My hands where in her hair as I pulled her closer. She kissed back as she continued to cry.

She broke the kiss and lied down. Her eyes closed, I assumed she was asleep. I lied back down as well and held her tight as I fell asleep.