Chapter I//Meeting Her

Hey! Just so you know, this isn't exactly Romeo and Juliet. Its kinda a modern version of it but it is NOT the same as the play in MyStreet. This is kinda our own AU. So...hope you like it!

~•Laurance's POV•~ (For the whole story)

I lived in the city of O'khasis. What a cruel place this was. The majority of the people here were horrible. There where two kinds of people in this city; the rich and the "poor". I use to be rich. But that was before- now i'm getting off topic. I guess I'm poor. Not really, kinda. That's what everyone says about me. Probably because of my ripped jeans and stained shirts. I am a freshman in O'khasis Prep. This is a school for rich kids. Well, it's supposed to be. But there are a few "poor" students in this school. Including me.

I sat in the back of the cafeteria at a lone table. No one was there but me. I had no friends nor would I get any any time soon. Everyone else had their own table to sit at. The lunch tables were even put in categories (note, they were made by the students): The popular girls, the popular guys, the "nerds" (i don't know why that was a group), the "poor", and just other tables that large groups friends sit at. I didn't feel comfortable sitting with the other "poor" students because it didn't feel right.

I glaced over at the popular girls. It was no wonder they were popular. They were all beautiful. I wasn't interested though. They were probably a group of five or six. All of them were really mean and rude but one wasn't: Aphmau Phoenix. Aphmau had always caught my eye. She had beautiful long wavey black hair and shiny hazel eyes. Any guy would dream of her at night. Even though we've never talked, or that she hasn't been in any of my classes, she still...*sigh* I guess I'm crushing on her, aren't I? Too bad she has a boyfriend...

I stared down at my table bored waiting for next period to start and got lost in my thoughts. But a voice woke me out of my trance.

"Is this spot taken?"

I looked up to see her. Aphmau Phoenix. One of the popular girls. Tons of questions roamed through my head

Why would she want to sit with ME of all people!?

Why did she leave the other popular girls!?

Why does it feel like my face is on fire!?

I just said what felt like the right thing to say.

"N-No, it isn't." After I answered her question, she sat right across from me. "Wh-Why aren't you sitting with them?" I looked over at the other popular girls.

"It's just boring to sit there. All they talk about is boys and their hair these days."

"Then...why did you sit here? I don't have a problem with it but...why?"

"Eh, you just seem like a cool guy." She smiled and got back to eating. I felt my face heat up again.

"I don't know if the word cool is a good word to describe me."

"How come?"

"Well, everyone ignores me and makes fun of me for being 'poor'" I sighed and stared at the table.

"Well, that's mean! Who does it?"

"Uhh, just most of the popular people. I'm actually surprised that you're not bullying me as well."

"Does Garroth Ro'Meave bully you?"

"You mean the 'handsome prince'? Yeah, actually."

"Is that what they call him?" She chuckled, "My boyfriend is far from that. I don't think I'd call him a prince."

"I see..."

"Yep! Mister 'Prince Charming' isn't at lunch." Then she mumbled something i couldn't hear. I think it was something like "thank goodness" but i don't know if she would say that about him.

"Huh?" I said.

"Oh, nothing!"

"S-So..." There was a small silence. She looked down and saw I didn't have anything to eat.

"Oh! Do you not have a lunch? Here." Aphmau reached out to me a ham and cheese sandwich.

"What? No, this is yours. I'm fine, really." I pushed it away.

"Take it, I'm serious." I took the sandwich slowly and smiled.

"Th-Thank you."

"No problem!" She smiled back and we smiled at each other until it got awkward. The whole time I was gazing into her eyes. She didn't seem to mind because she was doing the same thing! I couldn't help but blush. Our moment was ruined from a voice.

"Hey babe. Who's this?" it turns out Garroth was at lunch today. Aphmau sighed.

"Hello, Garroth. This is..."

"Laurance." I answered. She smiled and looked back up at Garroth.

"This is Laurance." He gave me a nasty look.

"Why are you sitting with this piece of trash?" I growled.

"Garroth!" Aphmau glared at him.

"What have I told you about hanging out with other guys!? Seriously, Aph!" I assumed they were in an abusive relationship.

"I can do what I want! I'm not some kind of doll! And he isn't trash."

"Whatever, I'm going back to my table. See you after school, babe." Me and Aphmau both sighed. Aphmau mumbled something else but I couldn't tell what it was this time.

"Wha?"

"N-Nothing." She smiled.

"Okay?" She changed the topic.

"You're nice, Laurance."

"Th-Thanks" I blushed, "You too...n-not to mention you're b-beautiful." I looked away and she blushed.

"T-Thanks!"

"N-No problem." I smiled at her.

"Here, if you ever need anything," She wrote something down on a small piece of paper and handed it to me. It was her address and phone number.

"I-I might as well give you mine..." I wrote down my phone number on a piece of paper like she did and handed it to her. "C-Call me." The bell rang.

"I will, thanks! I'll see you later. I have cheerleading practice."

"You're a cheerleader?"

"Garroth made me so I could cheer him on at his football games." She groaned.

"Oh, that sucks. Well, see ya."

"See ya!" She winked and walked off to class. I blushed as she walked off.

I think she might like me...