Chapter 1: Getting Hired

Thanks for choosing this. I was watching a hockey game (against my consent) and I just thought of this. If this isn't an original, I'm sorry to bore you. I've never read any MCR fanfics so I wouldn't know. Here's an Gerard X Reader fanfic. By the way, Gerard is about 25 years old in this. That's the only other difference, the rest is like real life. Without further ado, I present Babysitter.

Your pov, coffee shop in [state]

You just got a multitude of requests on your babysitting account. The smiling daisy on your site was a reflection of you. You knew symbolism is a sign of intelligence. You're [age] years old and are an aspiring [dream job].

The new site you posted, made years ago, was saying you were the perfect candidate for care-taking. What made you stand out from the rest of the babysitters is that you had more experience than the rest. You had real jobs before in the babysitting area so good reviews were normal on your site.

You're scrolling through te messages and requests. Then something odd catches your eye. This something was way more than your average request. You get lots of requests but this one was different: almost special.

Your favorite singer, Gerard Way, requested you to come over to his house to watch over his little girl. He emailed you the situation at home. His wife died a little while back and he needed help with his girl at home; he and his daughter were not taking good care of themselves alone. The intonation was almost pleading—not quite, but almost.

He said he'd pay $60 per hour, and needs you for the whole day, every day. The man of your dreams wants you to be his babysitter. You were ecstatic and accidentally screeched in the coffee shop, resulting in irritated people.

•edit

"Hello Mr. Way," you flashed a smile. For only being [age] years old, you're really attractive.

"Hello [name], please call me Gerard. Also, how are you?" Your heart was melting, but you looked perfectly normal on the outside.

"I'm wonderful, how are you?" You actually want to know how he is. You love him, and want to learn more about him from him. Getting this job was like winning the lottery. Nothing could be better.

"Oh, I'm fine..." He looked past you, as if looking at something you can't see for a few seconds before snapping back into reality. "Actually, I'd be happier if Bandit was. Ever since Lindsey died, I can't get her happy enough. She really loved, no, loves her mom like I do. If I can find a way to make her happier, I will."

"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that." You felt so bad for him, you just want to hug him.

"Thanks, but think nothing of it. I know I can't get her back." He looked away for a few seconds before saying, "please come inside."

Once your in the house, you see a small girl staring at a wall. You can't see what's on the wall, but you know she's looking at something. She started to sniffle, then burst into tears. You went to get Gerard. He rushed over to her and hugged her tightly. She held onto him, not wanting to let go. You walked a few paces to find a picture of Lindsey, Gerard, and Bandit on the wall. They all were smiling and happy.

You looked over to find a dirty plate at Bandit's feet, and go grab to pick it up. As you walked over to the sink, you hear the crying die down.

After you finished cleaning the few things in the sink, Gerard walked up to you and said, "Thank you for doing that, but you didn't have to do that, [name]," he had tear streaks running down his face. Bandit ran up and hid behind him.

"It's my pleasure. I'll help you and Bandit in anyway I can," You smiled again, and this time he and Bandit returned it.

"Thank you, I appreciate the help. So, your first day is about to begin tomorrow," Gerard was happy, and went back into the kitchen to start cooking. You pitched in to help make some delicious [favorite food].

Okay, I'm pretty sure this was horrible to normal people but I think I did a good job since this is my first. I'm not sure how popular this will be so I'm not going to go crazy trying to finish it. Thanks again for reading. Please like and comment, add to your library if it's good enough. See you in the next chapter! -Val