Chapter 1

You don't know my name, baby all these bitches want is my fame, you don't know that you the one on my brain - N.A.M.E x Tory Lanez

Odell aka Ace in MM.

Jasmine J.

"Finally." I said as I collapsed on my new leather couch.

My bestfriend and I, Brittany, were finally done moving into our new house.

We were both originally from Houston but after graduating high school we moved to North Carolina, to attend Winston Salem State University. We had always wanted to go there so we made it happen. I was lucky to graduate with all Honors and my degree in Physical Therapy.

Britt and I have been close ever since 9th grade. She was the only girl who had never turned her back on me and I loved her dearly for that. She's like the sister I never had.

Growing up, I only had two close friends, Britt and Odell. Odell and I quickly grew apart after I left Houston, even when I came to visit for holidays, I'd never see him. I'd ask his mama, who was also our neighbor, to call him so we could meet but according to her he was always busy.

"Told yo' ass we needed to hire some movers." Britt said rolling her eyes.

"Alright bitch, I understand, you moved for two tables and you tired. Boo hoo." I said.

Our house was pretty cute if I must say so. It was a perfect mixture of both of us.

I love simple and Britt loves crazy.

She laughed and shook her head. "Don't come for me sweetheart. What time we going to ya pops house?"

See, my uncle Joe raised me. My mother was a druggie and I never knew my dad, therefore my uncle was basically my dad and even legally adopted me at the age of 12.

"As soon as we wash up I guess." I shrugged.

We both went our separate ways and went to get cleaned up.

I turned my shower on and stepped out of my black yoga pants and sweaty t-shirt. I hopped in the shower feeling instant relief, I almost didn't wanna get out.

After a good 20 minutes, I dragged myself out the shower and dried off.

Around 30 minutes later, I was fully dressed. I wore a pair of light denim ripped jeans, a black cropped tank top and my black Huaraches. Just something slight.

I put my faux locks into a neat bun and laid my edges.

I grabbed my phone and went into the living room seeing Britt sitting there waiting.

"Bout' damn time." she said standing up.

She had on high waisted dark denim shorts, a red flannel and white tank, with regular white sandals.

"You always got something to say." I said grabbing my keys from the hook.

I walked outside to my 2010 Ford Fusion. I loved this car so much because it was the 1st car I've ever brought with my own money. No help, just me.