Ditch Day Part 1- Behind Smirks (4)

Nora

I get in the car and slam the door next to me at the same time as Alec slumps in the driver's seat. 

He clears his throat, "So umm I know you really, really, really, really like me but don't you think it's just a little bit creepy that you just get into my car without my permission?" a smirk rises up his perfect lips. I find myself staring at them, his lips are so perfect, nice and plump and pink. I wonder what it would feel if- What the freak, calm down Nora you're becoming creepy. I feel the heat rise from my neck tinting my cheeks with a light pink.

The jerk obviously notices my staring, because he looks away from me looking straight at the road in front of him trying to fight the smile rising on his lips. 

"You know Rivers your humour is quite strange, maybe you should stop because you just keep feeding your ego which is not good, we don't want you to be more cocky now do we?" I ask, while patting his shoulder sarcastically. I try to steady my breath, why do I get so nervous around him? My heart is beating so hard in my chest, da fuq?

"HA HA, very funny!" he glares at me, "so anyways what do you wanna do?" he replies in an excited voice. 

"I'm not sure actually"I frown, urgh what do you do when you ditch class? I turn to look at Alec and notice how cute he looks when his face is twisted in a concentrated way. All of a sudden his brown eyes brighten. He obviously thought of something. This might not end too well. Why did I agree to do this again?

"I know where we can go!" he says excitedly. Oh no. Alec backs out of the school's parking lot before I could protest. Yo what the fuck does he think he's doing? Maybe I should have thought this through a bit better, what will my mom say if she finds out? What about my brother he might snitch on me? Nah he won't he has football practice anyways and after that he'll probably try to annoy Lydia again.

"Hey! What the freak man! Where are we going?" I scream while hitting him. If he's taking me somewhere he better damn tell me where.

"Don't hit the driver Angel!" He says as smirk playing on his lips. I want to know where he was taking me. For all I know he could be a crazy serial killer, that wants to kidnap me and murder me. My frightened thoughts are interrupted by a soft chuckle. I snap my head to look at Alec that's laughing softly. I glare at him, What is he laughing at now? I know I am an embarrassing person but come on.

"What?" I ask. Crossing my arms around my chest, I notice how his eyes quickly scan down my body. I shift uncomfortably, his stare was so intense his warm brown eyes darkening. I shrink in my seat and feel how my cheeks burn. Alec realises I noticed his staring and quickly looks away looking flustered. What was that about? He clears his throat.

"You're cute when you overthink Angel!" He says keeping his eyes on the road, a smile clear on his perfect lips. My heart skipped a beat at the comment he just made. What was this guy doing to me? The cuteness in his face was adorable. 

I turn to look out the window and see how the school gets further and further away from my sight. It's impossible to wipe off the smile from my face, the thoughts of what Alec just said still bubbling in my mind.

It's silent in the car, not the awkward silence but the comfortable silence. I rest my feet on the car's dashboard. 

"Can I put some music on Rivers?" I ask while reaching for the radio. 

"I don't know can you? I mean maybe if you did me a few favours I just might consider it, if you know what I mean" He says wiggling his eyebrows up and down suggestively. I roll my eyes and slap him again. "Perv" I mutter under my breath, trying my best to hide my face so he won't notice the blush that's rising up my cheeks.