A Not So Easy Start

Light Grey eyes opened abruptly to the morning sun shining down harsh light. The sound of unfamiliar waves and birds sounded overhead. A lovely smell of the ocean poured it's way into the air.

A girl with faded blue hair sat up from her aching slumber to see she was on a boat? The girl looked around herself to make sure she wasn't just picturing things. Strangers, a railing that showed a large mass of water, a man in a sailors suit... Yup she was most definitely on a boat.

I did it? I did it! I finally ran away! Wait, what time is it? How long has it been since I left... I need to eat something.....

Standing up slowly so the blood wouldn't rush to her head, the girl began to smile. She looked behind herself to see that she had sleeping on a bendable chair. Her backpack lay underneath the chair in the shade.

Several passengers passed by seeming to chat amongst themselves. None of them bothering to look at the girl.

Bending down, the girl picked up her backpack. She rechecked inside to make sure everything was still there. A toothbrush, her beloved 17 year old damaged stuffed animal named Horsey, a pair of socks, a box of melted pocky, cinnamon poptrarts, a wade of cash, a potion, and a water bottle. Yup, everything was still there. It was nice to know that nobody stole anything from her while she was sleeping out in the open.

Though it seemed like having a small amount of items to have when running away was silly, it wasn't. When the girl had read through several trainer books in her library; they would recommend traveling light on foot. That way traveling would be faster.

Quickly zippering the backpack, the girl ran to the front deck of the boat in pure ecstaticy! She watched as Luvdisk and Buizel splashed along-side the boat as a city came into view.

Suddenly a thought occurred to the girl. Just where had she journeyed off to exactly? She hadn't paid attention when boarding the ship to hear where it was even heading!

The girl then began to get anxious as she looked down the boats railing. The water suddenly looked deeper then it had been several minutes ago. Her palms began sweating up as she gripped onto the rail with dear life. Suddenly her heart began to speed up as she looked around her. Nobody seemed to notice her, which happened to be a good thing.

The girl took deep breaths as she focused souly onto the horizon ahead.

You're alright, nobody is staring at you. This means nobody is judging you. Everything is just fine. Your in control, anxiety come at me! I'm not going to let you get me this time!

The girl kept repeating her deep breaths until she managed to calm down. Thankfully by this time the boat had stopped, drawing all passengers to depart away from her.

"Welcome to the Kalos Region! Where dreams come true and love begins to bloom!" Announced the captain of the boat. "We have arrived in Coumarine City. Please exit the boat in an orderly fashion, thank you."

The girl followed the crowd of passengers exiting the boat, onto the docks. A burst of energy pulsed through the girl's veins as she set foot onto the land. She let out a long held in breath.

Time to swing into action with my new life!

The girl charged through the crowd, giving "excuse me's" and "sorry" along the way. A new smell of the Kalos Region reached her nose, making her smile big. She kept running as fast as she could until she passed a sign that read "Coumarine City, continuing onto Lumious City."

"Woo-hoo!" She yelled as she had made it into the central city. Although she had no idea where she was going, she ran straight ahead.

Taking in the sights of Lumious City was key at this moment. An art museum, train station, and cafe's were seen through the girl's eyes. This city was sooooo big soooo cool! The possibilities were just-