Chapter ten | only real men cry

Bogus Barry💦
BLISSY WHERE YOU AT

NUNYA

Bogus Barry💦
IM FOREAL

So am I

Bogus Barry💦
I need to talk about you

to you*

Speak now or forever hold your peace

Bogus Barry💦
Can I ring you

Who the hell says 'can I ring you'  anymore

Bogus Barry💦
I know it's like 3am but I'm lonely and sad

but I'm man so I'm not going to cry

I just need someone to talk to right now

Yeah, sure

And it's cool

Only real  men cry Mr.Allen, always remember that

INCOMING CALL BOGUS
BARRY💦

BLISS' phone rang, startling her. "Dammit, Barry." She cursed, huffing as she slid the the green answer button to the right as she raised the cold device to her ear. "Hello?"

"Is this Bliss?" A somewhat deep voice said, causing Bliss' eyebrows to shoot up in amusement.

"Nah, it's Patrick." Bliss picked, as she played with her finger nails.

"Yup." Barry chuckled, scratching his neck which he did frequently when he'd get nervous or when a conversation would get awkward.  "You're Bliss."

Bliss' lips turned into a wide smile. Not that she was going to tell him but she did enjoy the way he said her name. He, not like everyone else who had repeated her name millions of times, had not stretched the 's'. When Oliver or Felicity had said her name they had made it sound like Bleise if that even is a word, but Barry had said it as Bliss.

Not that it was such a big deal because it wasn't. It's just a name and how someone says it, right?

"Barry, when ever you feel like letting it all out, feel free to-"

"I'm not going to cry, Bliss." Barry interrupted, wanting so badly to seem like a strong man who had never cried which was a total lie. He had cried.... many many times.

When he had seen his mothers cold, dead, limp body lying on the ground, his dad in cuffs being pushed into the back of a police car, and of course almost every time he had went to go see his father who was currently in prison for supposedly killing his mother, Nora Allen.

Everyone didn't believe him.. about what he saw that night that everything went down.

Him waking up to loud bangs, everything in his room somehow floating, -even the water, which is not suppose to be in the air since it is a liquid and liquids don't float- the man in yellow, and then his mother in the middle of it all.

Once he had gotten downstairs, he saw his mother yelling and sobbing which both worried and terrified him, though more terrified than worried. His father turned to him with a worried and even a bit of a frightened look. Henry bent down on one knee telling Barry to run, but he didn't. He was stuck, he couldn't move.

But the next thing Barry knew he was no longer in the middle of the living room with all the chaos. He was then many many blocks away from his house.

That was the last time he had seen his mother alive or even heard her voice, it wasn't really words he had heard but screams. The last thing he had heard come from his mothers lips were screams.

"Hello? Hello?" Bliss' voice rang out, instantly bringing him out of the horrible memory that was forever imprinted in his mind.

"Uh, yeah. Hey." Barry said, somehow holding in his tears. He wanted to cry so badly. He wanted to cry for his dead mother, his father who was in prison for a crime he had not even committed and just everything.

He was tired.

Yeah, being a hero was cool, fun and exiting, but it's not everyday that the hero wins. And what happens when the day comes where he, Barry Allen slash The Scarlet Speedster or whatever they had started to call him made a mistake.

What happens when one of the bad guys win? Will he still be the hero everyone adores? Will he still be Bliss' hero?

He sighed, shaking his head as if the action were going to make all of his foolish thoughts go away.

"Barry." He heard Bliss' concerned voice. "Are you okay?"

Barry smiled, wanting to just hear her soft, angelic voice all night. "Yeah." He somehow managed out, scared that if he had said more he wouldn't have been able to hold in the tears that had been threatening to spill out all day.

"You know, you don't have to pull an "I'm fine" or an "I'm okay" on me, Barry." Bliss said in all seriousness. "Whatever is said between us, stays between us. Pinky promise." Bliss went on, knowing that Barry didn't and wouldn't speak any time soon. "Hey, only real men cry, Barry Allen. I've already seen your softy side so a little water puddles won't make a difference."

Barry smiled, a small sniffle managing to reach Bliss' ear.

authors note:
So, anyone have a ship name for Barry and Bliss?

Blarry

Briss

Ballen

Blacken (yeah, I just cringed at that too)

Lmao I really don't know what their ship name is so

Till next time,
-Jasmine❤️