New Girl

Moving sucks. It really does. Mom and dad are excited about getting out of LA and to the quieter life of San Diego but it won't really make a difference to me. They'll be famous wherever we go and I'll be that girl who's dad is famous for owning the worlds largest coffee house and who's mom is super model America Schreave. Here I am, the heir to the coffee throne and daughter of a supermodel.

I'm starting my new school today and as much as I don't want to try I have to. I'm planning the intimidate anyone who even tries to talk to me. I'm not here to make friends, hell I shouldn't even be here period.

I didn't have many friends back home and I tried to keep to myself as much as possible. It seems that people only like me for what I have, what my parents have. I'm hoping no one will find out but I sure as hell won't be trusting them if they do.

~•~•~•~

I look at myself in the mirror one last time before I leave. I decided to wear a maxi dress with a fitted waist and low cut top. It's black of course, like my mood.

"Mom, dad I'm leaving!" I say heading downstairs towards the door.

"Wait!" My mom screams running from the kitchen. She hands me a paper bag with my lunch and kisses my forehead.

"Thanks mom. Bye" i get in my Mercedes and drive to school.

~•~•~•~
Walking into school 5 minutes late on the first day probably wasn't the best thing to do if I were trying to avoid attention. But of course I'm not. I want people to see me, I want them to be intimidated. And as soon as I walk into the office I can tell it'll be harder than I thought.

I walk to the front desk "hi, I'm Eadlyn."

The woman at the front desk, Mrs Bryce smiles at me "welcome, it's so nice to have you here. Here's your schedule and I'll call someone to show you to your class"

Before I could object she picks up the phone and calls someone down to the office.

A girl around my age, maybe a bit older (I skipped a grade), came into the office with a smile on her face. Her black hair is done in a crown made of two braids and her makeup is perfect "Hi I'm Neena. I'm here to show you around" she takes the schedule from Mrs Bryce and looks it over "oh cool we have history together this afternoon".

I look at her in amazement. She has no idea who I am, who my parents are. No one here does. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought.

"What do you think of the school so far?" She asks

"It's ok. Looks pretty enough." I don't mean to sound like a snob

She laughs "yeah it's pretty, a little loud at times but definitely pretty." She pauses at a door "this is you, Spanish, good luck".

"Thanks" I go through the door to find multiple pairs of eyes on me. I look straight at the teacher and hand her my note.

"Welcome Eadlyn. You can take a seat next to Erik." She points to the seat next to a dark haired boy with green eyes.

I take my seat.

"Hey I'm Erik." The boy whispers.

"Eadlyn" I say looking straight ahead

He seems to get the hint and looks forward biting his nails.

"You shouldn't bite your nails." I say turning to face him. "It's bad form"

He laughs "bad form? You're not from here are you?"

"Mr Koskinen. Would you like to share the conversation? In Spanish?"

Erik shakes his head

"Koskinen huh? Guess I'm not the only one not from around here"