Naughty Dreams

"Had the best dream last night, Ma."

"Really? Were you finally married in it?" Her mother asks eagerly.

She roll her eyes exasperatedly.
"No. But I saw him. He was there. And he was so..."

Ma's eyes widened with alarm; "Is this a...naughty dream? Because I'd rather not hear it..."

"MA! NO!"

"Okay then."

"I had my head in his lap..." She begins, staring dreamily into the distance.

"Sounds naughty to me."

"MOTHER!"

"I'm sorry. Continue."

"I had my head in his lap, and he stroked my hair in the sweetest way ever." Her eyes misted as she remembered it. She could still feel it. The soothing touch of a person from the Great Beyond.

"He stroked your hair? That's it?" Ma interrogates.

"Yeah. He petted me, so very adorably, and I remember that I smiled...and I woke up smiling....and that's it."

Ma doesn't look too enthused over the sweet romance of the dream.

"He petted you? Like a dog??" Her mother frowns, clucking her tongue. "That's a silly dream, sweetheart. Not future-son-in-law material..."

Her smile dies at the visual, and she grimaces. "Ruined it, Ma. Thanks."

"You're welcome beta."

Author's Note:

Word Count: 150

Inspired by that moment of over sharing between a mother and her children. Nothing is too embarrassing to share with your Ammi.

And in honor of mother's day that passed by not too long ago, massive kudos to all those mothers out there who don't smother their babies! You da real MVPs!

Photo: Tmblr