Nooroo

Again, the little kwami sat in front of the window in that big, dark room. Again, he watched the city out there and wished he could be outside as well, like the humans strolling around on the streets. Women with children. People hurrying, probably because of business things. Nooroo looked away. He couldn't handle it anymore. He watched the people way too many times. Over and over. He was done with it. With a sigh he jumped from the board he was sitting on and flew over to the big, wooden door on the other side of the room. Sometimes his master would let him out and fly around in the house, as long as nobody was here. On other days his master wouldn't show up the whole day, like today.
The purple kwami slowly landed on the floor and sat down, his head hanging down, his eyes closed. How he missed being free, being able to do whatever he wanted, together with his master. He always had good masters in the past, ones, that took care of him, ones, that loved him. He loved them too and he always ended up being broken after they died. Some of them died while fighting, some of them died after living a happy life. But none of these losses were hurting him as much as the situation he was in lately. If only he knew what he did wrong to deserve this. Did he make a mistake in the past? Did he not take enough care of one of his previous owners? What did he do wrong? Was it just fate? Many questions went through his little head, from morning to evening, always the same. At night it was the worst. All he could do was stare outside into the night sky. If the window was open. Most of the time it was closed, except for when Hawk Moth left it open a bit for the butterflies in the room to get a bit of light. He never opened up the glass though, probably to keep the butterflies and Nooroo inside. When the window was closed, all what Nooroo could do, was stare into the darkness, thinking about his life, or talk to the butterflies. They never gave him an answer though.
The kwami hugged himself with his tiny arms, small, salty tears dripping from his eyes down to the floor. If only Tikki and Plagg would come and help him out of his misery... Or Wayzz... He could feel them. Wayzz and Tikki were somewhere in this city, he was sure of it. Plagg was somewhere in this house, he knew it!!! During the day he wasn't here, but when Adrien, the son of Nooroo's master, came home from school, he could sense Plagg with him. Knowing that Tikki, Plagg and Wayzz were around him and still didn't try anything to help him hurt him even more. Weren't they something like a family in the past? Before Tikki and Plagg didn't find another master and Nooroo himself got lost? Didn't they care about him anymore?
Quiet sobs escaped the kwami's mouth. Was this his destiny? Being trapped into a big, dark room, seeing nothing but darkness, knowing his master would only call him if he wanted to do evil?? Oh, how Nooroo hated it. He hated having to help Hawk Moth doing his evil things, hurting people in the city, but even if he didn't want to help, he had to. He couldn't not help him. Hawk Moth was his master after all. The bond between them was too strong to just break it. Even if it was a negative one because of the negative feelings they had for each other, it still was a bond. Nooroo hated to be stuck with a villain. He hated being the tool. He wanted his family back, he wanted a good master, he wanted to get out of here! He was sick of being stuck in here!
With tears streaming down his little cheeks, Nooroo got up and flew up to the lock of the door. He tried to open the door, but like always, it didn't open. He hammered on the door with his little fists. As if this could change something.
"Let me out", he sobbed. "Master! Let me out! Please! I beg you..."
Nooroo rubbed over his eyes. He didn't want to cry, but he couldn't help it. He just had to get everything out somehow.
"Master..."
The little kwami sniffled.
"What did I do wrong? Why do you keep me in here? Let me out!"
He kept trying even though he knew his master wouldn't hear him. It was the only thing he could do. If only it wouldn't make him feel even worse... With a desperate sob Nooroo landed back down on the floor. Hugging himself like a child, he sat there, crying softly. He didn't know how much time went by until the door opened and light fell into the room. Nooroo looked up and turned to the door, only to see his master standing there.
"M-master...", the kwami sniffled softly.
He couldn't help himself. Slowly he flew up to one arm of his master and tightly hugged it. Even if he hated that person, he was the only one knowing about Nooroo, the only one, Nooroo could talk to.
"What's wrong, Nooroo?", Hawk Moth asked.
There were no signs of emotion in his voice, no signs of caring for the little kwami,which hurt that one even more.
"Master..."
Little tears dripped on the sleeve Nooroo was holding onto.
"I.. I want to go home!"
Hawk Moth only took the purple kwami from his sleeve and sat him on his opened hand, before looking at him and calmly saying:

"You are home, Nooroo."