Storm Rock

Prologue

It started off as our tenth grade class running laps in the forest for gym. Me and my friend Hazel were in the lead, when I saw something blue and shiny fall out of the corner of my eye. The wind instantly started picking up. "C'mon lets go! Blake is going to catch up to us!" Hazel shouted over the wind that was now going crazy. "Too late!" Blake winked at us and kept running. He got about 10 feet when another blue thing hit him in the head. A girl named Ivy saw, and ran to his aid. His forehead was bleeding, but he didn't seem to notice. Because his attention was were mine was. At the blue shiny thing that looked like glowing crystal. The wind picked up even more, and sticks and rocks were blowing everywhere. Ivy held on to a tree so she wouldn't blow Away. Coach blew the whistle warning everyone to come back. Lighting struck and I saw one of the blue crystals shooting towards me. I put my arm out to block my face and felt the rock scratch across the palm of my hand. Suddenly I felt dizzy. Blake had blacked out and Ivy was screaming trying to wake him up. All I could hear was the thunder and wind as the trees came crashing down around us. I felt another crystal hit my shoulder. Ivy, Hazel, and a few other kids from my class were now also being hit with the crystals too. "Lois!" Hazel was frantically trying to get my attention, but my vision was going black. I tried to stand but I crumpled to the ground. I watched helplessly as my class mates fell to the ground and passed out. The last thing I saw before the world slipped away was lighting strike not 2 feet from my head.