Making a puppy dog face, Jake pouted. "Yeah, your right sorry" Jake muttered before putting a bit of distance between them. Sniffing the air Jake closed his eyes for a brief moment before opening them. "Dinner smells good babe" he added before touching the small on her back. Turning around to walk from the room he stopped. "Happy birthday love" Jake added before walking into the living room where Charlie was watching the game.

"Didn't hear you walk in Jake"  Charlie spoke, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"Yeah I wanted to see Bella first" Jake replied as she sat down on the couch. "There is something, a favor I'd like to ask of you Charlie" Jake spoke, his shakey voice a dead giveaway to his nervousness.

Charlies eyes moved their attention from the TV to Jacob who was looking very edgy. "What do you need Jacob; you aren't in trouble are you?"

"I'd like to ask you for your daughters hand in marrage" Jake said quickly

Charlie looked at Jacob silently for 5 minutes before moving his gaze to a picture of himself holding a little cream colored, brown haired girl. After what seemed like forever his face broke into a grin. "You have my blessings" Charlie said before Bella entered the room.

"Dinner is on the table" Bella said before she assessed the scene.

Looking from her father who was grinning to her boyfriend who looked nervous, she blushed. "What is going on?" Bella asked curiously as she walked further into the room.

Jacob looked to Bella and then back to Charlie who gave a light nodd. Getting to his feet he walked around the couch to Bella, who just looked at him blankly. Taking a deep breath Jacob reached in his pocket and took out a small box, getting to his knee he looked Bella straight in the eyes. Opening the box he smiled. "Bella... Marry me?"

Standing in the living room Bella felt as her heart began rapidly beating. She stood their in a trance like state before she was finally able to look around the room. The first thing she saw was her father who was beaming brightly at her; a glint in her periphial vision caught her attention and she quickly looked down.

"It was my mothers" Jacob said as he watched Bella look at it curiously.

2 minutes had passed before Bella remembered that she had yet to give her answer. Smiling she held out her left hand, fingers spead apart. Jacob took that as a yes and placed the engagement ring on her ring finger. Pulling her close Jacob kissed her passionately, while still modest before bringing her into a hug.

"This calls for a celebration" Charlie spoke proudly.

"Not the Diner" Bella sighed. She knew her father and how he loved to brag about her and her latest achievements to everyone in town, his favorite place to do this was the Diner.

Looking down at Bella, Jacob pushed a strand of her long brown hair out of her face. "Its been 4 years since we've had the pleasure of visiting everyone"

Thinking to herself, Bella knew that she hadn't been around for a long time and she was eager to see what had become of her friends from school. Sighing she nodded her head "Okay then, but I'm not riding in your cruiser, I'll take my truck." Bella spoke

Clapping his hands together Charlie got to his feet. "I'll meet you two there, Bella you don't need me to remind you to drive safe." With that Charlie grabbed his keys from the hook beside the door and walked from the house, the noise of his car engine fading announced that he had gone.

"Well, thats our cue" Jacob smiled before walking side by side with Bella out to her truck. Climbing up into the cab, Bella shut the door and stuck the key in the ignition. "Sometimes I miss my old truck" She spoke before turning her key and bringing her truck to life.