"It wasn't your fault."

Start from the beginning

Pulling the car over towards the side of the road, Justin’s heart nearly leaped out of his chest at the amount of damage done. The warehouse where Kelsey had resided in was in flames, nothing but simple remains of the building on the floor.

Caution tape was wrapped all around the perimeter, permitting anyone from entering. Crime cars crowded the area as both police and fireman stood on every corner talking amongst them, all in deep conversation about what had happened.

Hurrying out of his car with Pattie right beside him, Justin forced his way under the tape and onto the scene, his mind reeling with where Kelsey could be. “Kelsey?” He shouted, waving his hand in front of him as he swiped away the smoke that clogged his vision, running over to the collapsed doors that once led inside the warehouse. “Kelsey!” Justin screamed, covering his mouth with the curve of his arm so that he was prevented from inhaling the intoxication while kicking and pulling at the remains of the building, desperate to get inside and search for his fiancé, praying to God that he didn’t lose her tonight. “Please, not again.” He begged desperately.

“Ay!” An officer whom Justin didn’t recognize held him back, stopping him from running inside the building. “This is a closed off area and it’s far too dangerous for anyone to be here right now.”

“Get the fuck off of me!” Justin shoved the man off of him as he began fighting his way inside once more when two others made their way over to him, keeping him away from the burning building.

“I can’t let you go in there, sir. I’m going to need you to calm down!” One of them held onto Justin while the other shouted instructions angering Justin even more.

“You’re wasting time! She could be dying right now!” Justin shouted in retaliation, his face red from fury.

“Justin…” Pattie began softly, fearing for her son’s life as she watched him fight against anybody and everybody who went near him. “Listen to them; these people know what they’re doing—”

“They don’t know shit!” Justin growled angrily as he used all of his strength to pull out of their hold, pushing them both away. “If they did, they would’ve saved Jazzy that night! They would’ve done something to bring her back to us! If they knew what they were doing they wouldn’t be here right now, they would be inside this fucking building redeeming my fucking fiancé!” Justin’s voice echoed, his chest heaving up and down silencing everyone as they turned to see what was going on.

“Sir, we are doing the best we can to assure the safety of everybody in this building. I’m going to need you to calm down and let us do our job.” The officer spoke slowly as though he were talking to a child only angering Justin more.

“They could be dead right now and you’re telling me to calm down?” Justin emphasized in disbelief.

Justin,” Pattie strained enough to capture her son’s attention.

“What?” He spat, turning to her with nothing but rage in his eyes however that didn’t faze Pattie as she stood her ground, her gaze softening as she gestured with the side of her head over to the left of her.