'The Nightmare Child' PREVIEW!!!!

Here is a preview for my new book, 'The Nightmare Child'. I hope you luvs!!

Albus Dumbledore was perplexed when Headmaster Dippet called him.

It's not like the two of them were on bad terms or anything, but Dumbledore was curious as to hear what the Headmaster wanted. Perhaps it was about his offer on Leta Lestrange having the opportunity to be the Herbology professor. Just a year ago, he had offered the same thing to Newt Scamander. Not only did the Headmaster refused, but so did Newt.

Newt insisted that he was a bad teacher and preferred to study magical creatures instead. Dumbledore did not deny this and eventually he let the matter go. And faster than a billywig could spin, Newt was gone.

Leta, of course, was devastated. To Dumbledore, she seemed more devastated than she should have been. So, he offered Leta to the headmaster for Herbology.

Sure enough, when he walked into the office, Leta was there. She was sitting nervously and when Dumbledore came in, she stiffened, before relaxing. Only slightly though, he noted. She was still tense. She had a dark black dress, black high heels, and a black shawl. Her hands tightened on her gloves, as she twisted them.

"Miss Lestrange, Headmaster," Albus greeted. Dippet nodded and walked over to his desk.

"I have agreed to the proposal," Dippet said and Albus secretly swelled with pride. Professor and headmaster turned to the woman sitting next to them. She shifted.

"I-" she paused. "I'm sorry, but I can't," Dippet sighed and took off his glasses. Albus' shoulders slumped slightly.

"I mean," she continued. "I would love it really, but I have this problem ever since Newt...left and I have a little-" she sharply paused. Albus raised an eyebrow. "Puppy," she said, pausing again. "Yes, a puppy to take care of,"

"Your dog can stay with a member of your family," Dippet pleaded. "And we will help you with whatever problem-"

"No," Leta abruptly said. "No, I- I can't be around children," her voice wavered.

After a pause of silence, Dippet said, "Very well," he stood. "Understand though, that this offer will not be offered again," he looked at Leta expectantly, clearly believing she would change her mind. But her jaw set and she nodded. She stood, bowed to the headmaster and professor, muttered her thanks and hurried out the door.

"Albus," Dippet said, sitting down. "Please, find out what this...puppy is," he was obviously disappointed. He, as headmaster, could not offer someone as a professor. Albus, gladly did it for him though. And Dippet clearly wanted Leta. He was obviously confused and disgusted that Leta refused. Now, he was sending Albus to figure out why Leta refused.

Albus, although wanting to respect Leta's privacy, wanted to find out too. So, he nodded and left the room.

"One more thing," Dippet said suddenly. Albus paused.

"An old friend of yours is rising to power," Dippet said and Albus stiffened.

"I understand," he said. Dippet looked harder at him before nodding.

"Go now," he said.

The Trailer for this book is coming soon.

P. S. The trailer is really crappy. So, be warned. (And don't post mean comments. I do not take those lightly...)