"Hey, can I smoke in here?" he asked the brunette, she smiled and shook her head no.

"No sugar, but you can go out on to the balcony over there" she points behind the dance floor. Lexus looked back at her with a quirked brow, all he saw where she pointed was people, more people and wall.

She grinned at him "just walk in that direction and tell the bald bouncer Cher said hi" she smiles at him. A genuine smile, nothing flirty or anything like that and Lexus felt that if he got to know the girl, he and she could be good friends.

"Thank you. Two more beers please" Lexus slapped a fifty on the counter when she placed the bottles in front of me.

"Keep the change" he grinned at her saluting her with one hand he slipped through the dancing bodies.

"This door is off limits" the bald headed bouncer says as soon as Lexus approached him after fighting his way through the crowd.

"Oh um.. Cher said to tell you hi" he says raising an eyebrow when the stone faced man cracked a smile and stepped aside.

Lexus took a big breath and walked straight to the railing. He set both beers on the ground and took out his pack of smokes.

"Shit" Lexus cursed. He forgot his lighter in his bag.

"I'll trade you a light for one of those beers" a smooth voice said from behind Lexus making him startle and clutch at his chest.

"Jesus!" Lexus hissed looking to his left and behind where the sound of the voice came from.

Leaning against the wall was an angel. Lexus was sure of it. The young man was absolutely stunning. Maybe a couple of years younger than himself Lexus presumed.

"Fair trade is no robbery" Lexus says stepping closer to the vision before him.

The boy laughed. A full blown belly laugh. Husky and cute. Lexus felt it wash over him to the tips of his toes.

Taking the offered lighter Lexus sparked up his cigarette and passed a beer to the sexy boy together with his lighter.

"Smoke?" Lexus offered and the boys grinned.

"I don't smoke" he chuckled at Lexus' expression which screamed 'puhlease'. He had a lighter for Pete's sake.

"The lighter is my father's. I just like to carry it around" the man says, his smile dropping at the mention of his father and he glanced away. Lexus wondered if he and his father don't get along by the crestfallen look on his sweet face.

"So.... What brings you out here?" Lexus asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Moping, I believe they call it" he answered taking a drink from the bottle. Lexus watched completely mesmerized as the boy's throat worked swallowing, his lips wet from the golden liquid.

"Ah... Mind if I intrude?" Lexus asked cheekily.

"Nope. Intrude away" he mutters looking at Lexus and only then Lexus noticed sad eyes swollen around the rims. Lexus took a few steps closer and almost... almost pulled the boy into his arms and hold him. He looked devastated, as if he's been through the worst of the worst and barely survived.

"What's your name? I'm Lexus" Lexus offered his name to the boy and hoped like hell he wasn't one of those coy boys who goes around tugging on men's heart strings for shits and giggles.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gage" he answered looking at Lexus. Lexus saw a sad, sad boy.

"Who would put a look like that on your pretty face?" Lexus asked taking in Gage's puffy eyes and prayed silently that the boy doesn't come back with the words 'I'm not gay'.