Making the cut by @Jax430

So our journey takes us from Australia to Indiana USA. The sweet and beautiful Jax430 was kind enough to write a Harry Styles one shot just for us although she is a Niall girl. Go check her stories "Show you my heart" "Crossfate" and "Back to you". A hopeless romantic and a sweet  soul. 

The move to London was exactly what I needed

The move to London was exactly what I needed. A fresh start, in some place new to get out of the small town where everybody knew, everybody's business. So, I took my life savings, found a flat with cheap rent and did everything I needed to get my certification to do hair in London.

Hair was the one thing I knew I was good at. Color was my specialty, but when I found a job at The Little Princess Trust I couldn't pass it up. I got to cut the hair for the donations, it was for an amazing cause and the pay was better than what I was making at the tiny salon in the middle of Nowhere, USA.

I checked myself over one last time in the mirror before throwing my heels in my bag and heading to the train, or was it the tube? I still wasn't quite used to the lingo around here.

Ten minutes later I was walking into the office to a very excited Annie at the front desk.

"Guess who your last appointment is today!"

"Who?" I chuckled watching her practically bounce in her seat with excitement.

"Harry.Freaking. Styles!!!"

"Oh, the One Direction guy?"

"Yes, him. He's making a donation today and you get to cut his hair. So if you need ANYTHING, let me know."

"I will do that." I laughed slipping on my black heeled booties on before going into my way into the salon.

I set up my station before I went into the employee lounge to grab my morning coffee. I was definitely not a morning person, the coffee wasn't just a way to wake me up it probably has saved a few lives over the years.

"Oh Jacki! I'm so glad I caught you before I got started. I'm going to need you to stay a little late today. We have an extra special donation. This will get us publicity to bring more attention to the program, but with such a high profile figure coming in we need to keep it under wraps for now."

"Harry Styles, yeah, Annie told me when I was coming in. It's fine, my night is free I can stay as late as you need me.

"Oh, you're the best! Now go relax and fuel up before you start your day, it's going to be a long one!" Caroline called back while making her way out of the lounge to her office.

She couldn't have been more right! It had been a particularly busy day, which was good for donations.I had been doing hair for about six years now. After a year off after high school I decided to make the one thing I enjoyed a career. I finished in less than a year and working at the age of twenty.

I thought I would be stuck in Indiana forever, listening to my version of the Desperate Housewives and their gossip and ranting about their unappreciative husband and kids.